Removing empty outlook folders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon if this has been dealt with in another post but I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Using Outlook 2003

When I create an Archive folder I end up with countless empty folders. Is there an add-on/technique where I can quickly remove all those empty folders?

NOTE: I am NOT talking about the "Deleted Items" folder.

Shawn76

When you archive emails, it takes the emails out of the folder, but keeps the empty folder where it is. I am not aware of any way to delete those folders automatically unless there is a 3rd party app available to do it.

Forum Admin

Shawn is correct, the empty folders are left behind. I'm not aware of any utility or VBA code to remove them.

If the folders to be deleted are subfolders of another folder that will be deleted you can just delete the top level folder. If not, the easy way to quickly delete a lot of folders is to drag them to either the deleted items folder (if its close in the folder tree) or to a folder thats going to be deleted - this will avoid the annoying 'are you sure' warning. If you aren't sure what i mean, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2010/newsfeed.htm - at about the 20 second mark i show how to delete folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.