Outlook 2010 - Receiving mails in small batches (Issue)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuik

Hi Guys,

I'm new here thus I would try and make it simple. Atm, I have a machine which is running Outlook 2010, and connecting to Gmail's POP.

The issue was when we were downloading all the mails again from Gmail, it started at around 500-1000 mails at each Send/Receive, but it is now receiving less than 20 mails at a time.

There is no add-ins which we've installed, nor our Kaspersky is making any issue. We've checked the network bandwidth and it is all good. We've tried deleting the profile and re-adding it back it, but it doesn't seem to help.

Over at Gmail, there isn't much choice of a setting either, checked it through and it doesn't seem to help. Would hope that someone can advice on how that we are able to download larger batch of emails as there are over 20 thousands of them :( and it is like taking forever.

Regards.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
What do you have the check every xx minutes setting set to? Set it for 5 - 8 min or more. Gmail is weird and downloads are slow - there isn't much you can do to increase it. Setting the check every time a bit higher may help (especially if its really low) and if your antivirus is scanning email, disable or uninstall it until you get the mail downloaded.

If you don't need all the mail in outlook, you can configure gmail to only allow outlook to download mail that arrived after a specific date.

wuik

What do you have the check every xx minutes setting set to? Set it for 5 - 8 min or more. Gmail is weird and downloads are slow - there isn't much you can do to increase it. Setting the check every time a bit higher may help (especially if its really low) and if your antivirus is scanning email, disable or uninstall it until you get the mail downloaded.

If you don't need all the mail in outlook, you can configure gmail to only allow outlook to download mail that arrived after a specific date.

Thanks for the reply.

It's being set to 5 minutes receiving, and about the gmail being able to configure to receive from specific date, no I can't find the settings.

Everyone else their's outlook client are working fine and are able to download over 500 at a time during recovery. It's just weird when it is happening to this particular person, and also Kaspersky is installed to each client.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
is kaspersky configured identical on each computer? If its scanning mail for viruses it will be slow.

I thought the setting was on that page - i'll have to look around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Emails stuck in Outbox, not receiving emails, Outlook 2010 auto send/receive Using Outlook 4
C Help – Outlook 2010 is not receiving G-mail (IMAP) E-mail. Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 is not sending or receiving Using Outlook 2
K Addins with Outlook 2010 html receiving as plain text Using Outlook 2
S Not Receiving Mails - Outlook 2010 - OS-Windows 7 Using Outlook 3
T Outlook 2010. Receiving emails but they are not going into my inbox. Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 is not receiving my hotmail messages but it will send them. Using Outlook 2
Y Receiving a distribution list in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
R outlook 2010 not receiving inbound emails Using Outlook 1
B Receiving undeliverables for employees that are no longer in the GAL using Outlook 2010 after migrating from Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
R Outlook 2010-Only receiving mail when I exit outlook and restart it. Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 Stalling on Sending/Receiving Using Outlook 2
E Can't receiving and sending message with Outlook 2010 using wireless! Using Outlook 2
S outlook 2010 sending and receiving Using Outlook 1
A my microsoft outlook 2010 trial is not sending/receiving emails Using Outlook 1
M Upgrade to Outlook 2010 - No longer receiving mail Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 Has stopped receiving email Using Outlook 6
S NEW IMAP account not sending and receiving new mail in OUTLOOK 2010 Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 stopped receiving POP3 email. login errror but passes test. Using Outlook 3
J Outlook 2010 receiving data from GMAIL(IMAP) to the tune of 2GB. Using Outlook 1
G A problem receiving recent e-mails with Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
G Not receiving all emails in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
J cannot view pictures when receiving them throught outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Problems receiving mail in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2010 - Receiving Emails Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 has suddenly stopped receiving new mail from existing POP3 account Using Outlook 2
I Receiving problem with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
B outlook 2010 not receiving hotmail email, using windows 7 32-bit Using Outlook 10
Z Outlook 2007/2010 not sending or receiving attachments Using Outlook 4
R Outlook 2010, Windows 7, Receiving' reported error (0x80040154) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040154' Using Outlook 2
D outlook 2010 error code 0x80004002 when receiving e-mail Using Outlook 9
G 0x8004102A error sending/receiving Hotmail account with Outlook Connector 14.0 and MS OL 2010 Using Outlook 8
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 Reading Pane Slows Startup Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
B Outlook 2010 Can not find a certain file in M/S Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Updating from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 Flag blocked for Safe Senders List???? Using Outlook 7
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4