Outlook 2010, Multiple Accounts & Default Account

Do you like Outlook 2010's handling of default accounts?

• Yes, I use Outlook 2010 and I like this feature.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • No, I use Outlook 2010 and don't like it. It's more work & I send mail from the wrong account.

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • I don't use Outlook 2010, but I think it sounds like a great feature.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't use Outlook 2010, but it doesn't sound like a feature I'd like.

• Really? I use Outlook 2010 but didn't know it did that because I use one account or only one pst.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Outlook version
Outlook 2003
Email Account
POP3
I send from multiple accounts but download from only one. This is EASY in Outlook Express and gmail. Looks like virtually impossible in Outlook 2003 (or at least cumbersome--MS doesn't like to make anything easy anymore). I own both 2007 and 2010 but cannot use because of the overwhelming crap the foist upon me, and the way they took away the ease of use for people who have used their programming for 20 years. I'm stuck in my ways and want the simplicity and customizations I have developed to work with MY brain.

Do I believe that 2013 will suddenly make the program easy again? Nah.

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
See How to create a send-only POP3 account - Slipstick Systems for complete instructions, but basically, you create the accounts with a fake incoming server name. In send and receive settings, change the settings so you don't check it for incoming mail (to avoid the annoyances of being told the server can't be found). If you use send immediately mail should send even if you have the account configured to not send or receive.

Status
Not open for further replies.