Recently upgraded from Office 2003 to 2010. Old pst files were imported into 2010. Now have 8 sets of Contact folders and numerous locations of e-ma

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scottarq

The eight sets of Contact folders are displayed when I click 'To' for an address to compose an e-mail. I always have to click on the correct Contact list, even though most are empty folders. I did remove the empty and unused Contacts folders but then old e-mail folders were deleted as well. I only want one active Contacts list.

I really only want one active location for all of my e-mail folders. There are numerous e-mail folders under my e-mail address name (active & I want to keep), archive (keep), archive1 (keep), outlook (keep), and Outlook Data (empty). Should I just move these multiple folders into the main (e-mail address) folders?

R

Roady [MVP]

There was no need to import your original pst-file in the first place. You can open pst-files directly in Outlook via;
File-> Open-> Open Outlook Data File...

Anyway;
You can move around your data to the folders within the pst-file that you want them to go. Once done, go to;
File-> Account Settings-> Account Settings-> tab Data Files

Here, select your pst-file containing all the data and set it as the default (restart Outlook if prompted). You can also remove the pst-files that you do no longer want to be linked in Outlook (note that the actual pst-files are not deleted).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M RECENTLY UPGRADED FROM HOME & BUSINESS to OFFICE PRO - CANNOT OPEN ATTACHMENTS DIRECTLY FROM EMAIL Using Outlook 1
M Recently upgraded to Window 7, and also Micosoft Office 2010, lost all email contacts from the previous version on Windows XP and Outlook Express....C Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Clear Outlook's Most Recently Used lists New Slipstick.com Articles 0
T Outlook 2010 Very Slow To Open Recently Using Outlook 9
T I recently changed my pop3 email to an imap - question on folders Using Outlook 3
K OST files recently started growing to 20GB Using Outlook 9
S How do I set up more than 1 email account for Outlook 2007. Have recently purchased a laptop and want to be able to check all emails that come into t Using Outlook 2
W Recently Purchased MS Office 2010 Home/Business specifically for the ability to sync my contacts with my phone. Using Outlook 3
V I am an avid user of Hotmail. Recently I have been applying for jobs, which (automatically) initiates Outlook Express and immediately restricts me fr Using Outlook 2
M I recently installed a trial version of Outlook 2010 and my address book was exported from Outlook Express. It no longer appears in Outlook Express. Using Outlook 3
C have recently bundled with comcast. do not want to use comcast email.. want to use Outlook Express. How do I do this?? Using Outlook 1
N Re: Outlook 2007 used to work fine. It recently crashed during startup.It no longer works. Using Outlook 2
G Re: Outlook 2007 used to work fine. It recently crashed during startup.It no longer works. Using Outlook 6
D Address book not showing contacts in 'to' line. Recently moved files to new computer. Using Outlook 2
V Upgraded Outlook Using Outlook 1
G Upgraded from 2003 to 2010...I am missing Exmerge. HELP!!! Exchange Server Administration 3
W Upgraded to Outlook 2010, now contacts have problems displaying and other issues. Using Outlook 3
S Re: Outlook 2010 crashes when upgraded from Office 2007 Using Outlook 1
D Upgraded from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007 lost my secondary contacts list Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 crashes when upgraded from Office 2007 Using Outlook 1
D Upgraded to Exchange 2010 SP1 and now random Outlook clients are requesting authentication Exchange Server Administration 1
C Upgraded version of Outlook cannot open previously viewable encrypted messages. Using Outlook 1
C Upgraded version of Outlook cannot open previously viewable encrypted messages. Using Outlook 3
J Upgraded to Office 2010 Pro on XP Pro. Using Outlook 5
A No longer have Business Contact Manager after upgraded from 2003 Pro to 2007 Pro Plus Using Outlook 1
A No longer have Business Contact Manager after upgraded from 2003 Pro to 2007 Pro Plus Using Outlook 1
B Upgraded to Outlook 2007, my custom stationary no longer works Using Outlook 1
C Windows XP Upgraded Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2010 email problems Using Outlook 1
W We upgraded from office 2003 to 2007. Using Outlook 1
S Upgraded from Office 2007 to Office 2010 and my Outlook rules have all disappeared Using Outlook 2
W I just upgraded from Windows Vista Ultimate to Windows 7 Ultimatee and installed Windows Live. How Using Outlook 1
B Public folder name is not valid in Exchange 2010 after upgraded from Exchange 2003 Exchange Server Administration 5
C Exchange 2010 upgrade scenario with UM 2010 role not upgraded Exchange Server Administration 2
J Just upgraded 2003-2010. Can't send messages with attachments Exchange Server Administration 6
N Upgraded to Office 2010 - Now have full Outlook, but only some e-mails come through - others still go to my Outlook Express Using Outlook 1
V I upgraded to professional Plus outlook 2010 ____Desk top alaert will not show up when box is checked to activate____Mail icon will not show up on tra Using Outlook 1
R Upgraded to Outlook 2007 AND Exchange online - lost nk2 files Using Outlook 4
M Emails stuck in outbox have upgraded from Outlook 2007 to 2010 and the same problem exists. Never had this problem with Outlook 2003. Using Outlook 2
W Upgraded to Outlook 2010 - rules are working but mail folders don't expand when emails are transferred. Using Outlook 1
D I just upgraded to Office 2010. Cannot send emails Using Outlook 3
L Oulook 2003 Form upgraded to 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
E Can one still buy Outlook (or Office) 2016? Using Outlook 6
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
J Office 365 erased all of my task views Using Outlook 3
D.Moore VBA script fail after Office 365 update Using Outlook 8
W April 2020 Office 365 Update - Add-Ons fail after Office 365 Update Using Outlook 6
P Categorize in Calendar not listed under tags in Office 365 (Office 2016) Using Outlook 5
L unblocking attachments before sending Office 365 Advanced Protection Using Outlook 0
O Help .. got lost ... installing Office like 2016 Using Outlook 5
L Deleting Office 365 calendar appt w/o emailing invitees Using Outlook 3