Reminder does not have "snooze until 5 minutes before start" option anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RPMM

I am using Outlook 2010 and I just realized that I have lose the option of snoozing an event reminder with " 5 minutes before start" option. All I get now is absolute timeframes like 5 minutes, 10 minutes, etc.

What gives?

R

Roady [MVP]

It's still there. When you expand the list of Snooze time options, scroll up to see the " before start" options.

Robert Sparnaaij

R

RPMM

Right, it is there, but the default option is getting set to " 5 minutes" instead of what used to be " 5 minutes before start" .

R

RPMM

Yes, I am referring to future events. I get the reminder 15m before the event, and normally the snooze default option would be " 5 minutes before start" but now for some reason it is getting defaulted to " 5 minutes" .

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Default is 5 min, but you can select 5 min before... (you can use the arrow keys to scroll up instead of the mouse)

R

RPMM

I can select the arrow keys but earlier it used to be set to " 5 minutes before ..." . Why has it become " 5 minutes" now? I don't want to keep changing that selection.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
apparently their data showed more people snoozed for 5 minutes instead of 5 min before start.

J

Jesse

I'd also like to know how to set it back to " 5 minutes before start" by default (if possible -- hidden registry/anything...) so i don't have to select it every meeting reminder that triggers -- the change to 5 minutes is horrible.

With 3-4 meetings each day, this nonsense does nothing to make my life any easier :)

R

RPMM

Yup, it is quite annoying that I cannot set it back (easily, or at all) to " 5 minutes before start" :-(

S

Sanwin2

You can't please everyone. The 5 minutes berfore start default drives me up the wall as most of my meetings are more than 5 minutes walk/drive away!

It would be nice if they allowed you to set your own default, but I won't hold my breath.

D

DrColvin

I agree, I do not like the change of the default to " 5 minutes" . I also have meetings scheduled through out my day and it is quite an annoyance to have to change from " 5 minutes" back to " 5 minutes before ..." on every meeting. This should have never been changed!

If any one finds a way to change this back (maybe through a registry key), it would be greatly appreciated.

R

RPMM

+1 to DrColvin's request. If there is a registry update, or any other method, please let us know. I have several meetings every day and I do like the " 5 minutes before" option.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
As an FYI, they are aware of the complaints in the thread. I don't know if or when it will be addressed though.

K

Kevin D. Holmes

I use reminders for both tasks and appointments. I have a few appointments a day, but lots of time-sensitive tasks. Unfortunately, if I choose to snooze some tasks for 1 hour, then the next appointment reminder will default to 1 hour. Since I usually have appointments set to remind me 15 minutes before the appointment, this means I could easily be 45 minutes late if I don't watch very closely to the reminders.

This is compounded by the strange behavior of the reminder messages: as I am setting the snooze time for one item, and go to click snooze, sometimes another item pops up on the list and takes the focus as the active item. So just as I go to click on snooze, I am suddenly dealing with a different item. I have lost a few reminders this way. I was really happy with the way 2007 would remember the last time chosen for each item, and would default appointments to " x minutes before" when it got down to 15 minutes or less before the appointment. <Sigh.>

C

Chris Blasko

It certainly is very disappointing the default snooze reminder can not be changed or better yet customized. This is from the first paragraph of Office 2010 -

With Office 2010, you"re in control, getting things done and producing amazing results however and wherever you work best.

We are definitely not in control of this critical Outlook functionality.

K

kfhoz

Hard to believe that you can't do the " 5 mins before start" . I set my initial reminders about 30 mins before my appointments so that I have that much time to wrap up whatever I am doing. Upon hitting snooze, I want the last reminder to tell me when to walk to the conference room. Having to scroll up to the setting that I really want is a waste of time and triggers my RSI.

SQL in Seattle

Status
Not open for further replies.