Sharing Contact data and contact comments with Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fuzzybare

From what I am beginning to understand it is difficult to share info in Contacts (all Fields) with Calendar to minimize typing. Is there a specific course of action that I can take. Thanks

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

What kind of sharing do you have in mind? Regardless, to show in an appointment or Calendar folder view any data from a linked contact would require a custom code solution. In other words, it's possible. It's just not a built-in feature.

F

Fuzzybare

Diane, after I go to options, contacts, menu, contact linking, what next, I have tried for about 4hrs and cannot hit the right sequence.

thanks again, Fuzzybare

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

This is from an article about tasks, but it applies to appointments as well. After you turn on the Show Contact Linking on all Forms option, every appointment you open should have a Contacts button and box at the bottom of the window.

Link to a contactOpen the task. At the bottom of the task window, click Contacts.

>>>> If you do not see the Contacts button, do the following:

On the Tools menu, click Options.On the Preferences tab, under Contacts and Notes, click Contact Options.On the Contact Options dialog box, under Contact Linking, select the Show Contact Linking on all Forms check box.

Once you click Contacts, in the Select Contacts dialog box, under Items, select the contact that you want to link to this task. To select multiple contacts, click one contact, hold down CTRL, and then click each additional contact.

F

Fuzzybare

Thanks Sue, I did what you suggested and it works but is there anyway to locate individual Contacts differently (than scrolling thu Items) because my Data base includes around 1800 Contacts

I am trying to work with both Contacts and Calendar windows open at the same time because Calendar is more a sense of time and Contacts is more data inclined and I need both at the same time. Any advise on the scrolling issue will be appreciated

S

Sue Mosher - Outlook MVP

Thanks Sue, I did what you suggested and it works but is there anyway to locate individual Contacts differently (than scrolling thu Items) because my Data base includes around 1800 Contacts

In the Contacts box, you can type in the name or part of the name and let Outlook resolve it, just as you might in the To box on a message.

F

Fuzzybare

Bingo, thanks Sue and you to Dianne, I think am beginning to get to the point I want to be with this.

Sincerely, fuzzybare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Sharing Contact w/ a custom form Using Outlook 3
G Sharing Business contact manager BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
C Sharing of a database in business contact manager in outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
R sharing contact list with another user on Exchange Server Using Outlook 3
C Contact sharing issues in Outlook with Small Business Server Using Outlook 3
M Trouble with sharing Business Contact Manager database within network Using Outlook 1
GregS Simple calendar sharing doesn't work Using Outlook 6
B Sharing Outlook calendars gone wrong Using Outlook 0
D Sharing outlook.com calendars in Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
D Sharing calendars Exchange Server Administration 1
Diane Poremsky Sharing Outlook Calendar and Contacts New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Sharing Outlook.com Calendars New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky More Tools and Utilities for Sharing Outlook Data New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Sharing Outlook Calendar and Contacts over the Internet New Slipstick.com Articles 0
O Calendar Sharing - From This Date On? Using Outlook 1
M Sharing of BCM database across the internet BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
Chris Grew Sharing BCM Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
M Blank Pop-up Window when click "Manage Sharing" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
J DisablePST = 2 : Only Sharing-Exclusive PSTs can be added Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2007 Error sharing Calendar: Error while preparing to send sharing message Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
J Sharing outlook, Office 2013 Home Premium Using Outlook 8
A Sharing calendar Using Outlook 1
M Workarounds for sharing custom Outlook 2007 forms? Using Outlook 3
B Sharing Multiple Outlook 2010 Calendars (Exchange) Exchange Server Administration 4
B Sharing Additional Calendars Using Outlook 1
A Need Help with BCM2010 Sharing on outlook 2013 Scenario! BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
S Sharing Outlook 2013 without a server Exchange Server Administration 1
D Sharing BCM with laptop. BCM (Business Contact Manager) 4
D Sharing Categories on Appointments Using Outlook 0
V Sharing Hotmail contacts / groups not working as expected Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Sharing Contacts via Live Using Outlook 2
J Company calendar sharing problems Using Outlook 2
R Sharing Exchange 2010 calendars with people outisde our organization Exchange Server Administration 17
B Outlook Calendar Sharing - Multiple Time zones Using Outlook 1
R Simple Sharing of Outlook Profile Using Outlook 1
M Remove sharing icon from outlook contacts Using Outlook 6
L Sharing Outlook data Using Outlook 1
A Network Permissions for sharing calenders between exchange severs Using Outlook 1
U Trouble for sharing Calendar Using Outlook 3
S Calendar sharing problmes between Outlook 2007 & 2010 Exchange Server Administration 0
H Outlook 2010 : Error while preparing to send sharing message Exchange Server Administration 8
J Joint Calendar Sharing - Editing Using Outlook 1
A sharing calendars Using Outlook 1
B Sharing Calendar in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
Z Sharing PST Using Outlook 2
L Sharing: Office/Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 2
S calendar email sharing not working Using Outlook 1
W sharing contacts and sharing activity in outlook2007 Using Outlook 1
N Calendar Sharing Error Using Outlook 2
C Sharing a calendar Using Outlook 1