Why do Outlook reminders keep popping up when I sync my data?

• Thread starter Lomyril
  • Start date Views 1,951
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lomyril

I have recently installed Outlook 2010. As I continue to explore the features available, one of the things I've tried is to set a reminder on my calendar.

From within Outlook 2010, I go to Calendar > New Appointment. I then put in my subject, set a reminder time of 1 hour prior to the appointment time, I set the time and I click the save & close button.

When 1 hour prior to my appointment time arrives, the reminder pops up like it should. I then try to have the reminder snooze for 15 minutes, and this is when the problem starts.

(Yes, I know most folks will stop reading here, but give me a chance... I explain what I have done to try to fix things below).

Whether I set the snooze for 15 minutes, 1 hour, etc. it doesn't matter... the reminder will pop up again in 5 minutes.

I've tried running Outlook with the /cleanreminders switch, but that doesn't help.

I've searched the Internet, and I can see others who have also had this problem, but nothing seems to jump out at me as another possible solution.

SPECIAL NOTE: One thing that I've noticed is that the reminder will pop up again whenever I click " Send/Receive" in the Quick Access Toolbar. A check of my settings shows that I do have Outlook set to send/receive everything once every 5 minutes (this is in File > Options > Advanced > Send/Receive > Schedule an automatic send/receive every XX minutes).

Is there anything I can do on my end to fix this, while still keeping my global send/receive set to 5 minutes?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. =)

EDIT: I can verify that when I change the send/receive time to 7 minutes, the reminders pop up every 7 minutes instead.

T

tintasbarnes

Hi Diane! Guess what I ran in this problem too.

I tried:

outlook /cleanreminders

outlook /resetfolders

-deleting profile

-deleting all appointments (I thought that I have some erroneous reminders but no, after I deleted ALL, I set another appointment which later I couldnt also " Dismiss" )

-Restart/reinstall

Please help this drives me crazy!

jay

S

sand0s

Going to add my name to the hat here too, with one special caveat (well actually two). I am on an Exchange setup, with an additional IMAP account and I use BCM. My problem, albeit basically the same, is that when I activate BCM Contact Synchronization (for syncing my regular contacts and my business contacts) my reminders go nuts... I mean randomly, every 30 seconds or maybe 5 seconds, or 2 minutes my reminders go off. Minimizing does nothing, closing does nothing, dismissing stops it, but that's only because there are no more reminders after they're dismissed. I have tried to work with tech support on this (about 6 hours logged on this issue) and I can't get anywhere, mainly because of the typical breakdown in communication and understanding I experience with MS support. Through my work with support I have done everything tintasbarnes has done, short of deleting and recreating my profile (which I'm certain isn't the cause of my problem because this issue only arises with this specific feature enabled - BCM Sync) and I'm tired of being more of a guinea pig rather than a support recipient. Any real help out there?

A

andrew.hui

I too will throw my name in this pile as I've been experiencing this problem for a while now.

I've also observed similar behaviour to the OP where a Send/Receive triggers any snoozed reminders to fire immediately. Since my Send/Receive is scheduled automatically every 30 minutes, all my snoozed reminders popup every 30 minutes.

I am using Outlook 2010 32-bit on Windows 7 x64 with Outlook Hotmail Connector 32-bit 14.0.5117.5000 (version # from the Help --> About).

Status
Not open for further replies.