outlook 2010 with business contact manager not syncing business contacts with Windows Mobile 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lbarnes60

The Domino Effect. Purchased new laptop with Windows 7 with Windows Mobile Device Center, next upgraded MS Office with Business Contact Manager from 2007 to 2010. Appears general Outlook information is syncing, personal contacts, calendar, task. However, Business Accounts and Contacts will not sync. I have a Motorola Q with Windows Mobile v5. I didn't have this issue with Windows XP and Outlook 2007. I have spent several days researching and trying different options with no luck. Any assistance will be GREATLY appreciated.

B

Brian Tillman

I don't believe the BCM data can be synched. WMDC can sync only the default folders.

----------------------------

L

lbarnes60

Thanks Brian....I was leaning that way based on previous research. I wasn't sure if there was a way to change the default folders, that way I could circumvent the program and go back and forth, keeping both folders current?

B

Brian Tillman

Only the default data file folders can be synched. The BCM contacts are an SQL database and not part of the data file.

----------------------------

G

golfman32

Hi Brian,

Do you have any suggestions on 3rd party solutions to sync Business Contact Manager 2010 to Windows Mobile device?

You would think this is a high priority for someone to provide the functionality, I am guessing Microsoft has no reason to provide syncing, they want to upsell to MS CRM.

Also, on the subject of syncing with Microsoft Business Contact Manager 2010, can you sync the contact database to Sharepoint or a second computer or even an iPad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Adding fields to Task in Outlook Home and Business 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
R How to backup contacts in Outlook 2010 as business cards Using Outlook 1
J Business Contact Manager in MS Outlook 2010 - get error message when try to use. Using Outlook 2
F Custom permissions using SQL 2008 Enterprise with Business Cotact Manager for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
A I have purchased a replacement computer and installed Outlook 2010. My server is a 2003 small business exchange server. How can I access the calenda Using Outlook 1
B synchronizing categories of contacts between outlook 2010 and business contact manager Using Outlook 1
J missing permissions feature in Outlook 2010 (Home and Business) Using Outlook 1
K I loaded Office Home and Business 2010 and Outlook will not load. I still have Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2007 Business Contact Mgr and Word 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Unable to install Business Contact Manager for Outlook Professional Plus 2010 on WIN 7 - 64bit Using Outlook 1
G Installed Office 2010 for home and business. All work but OutLook. It will not load. Error screen says that it cannot connect to the email. Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010 stops working and closes when importing data to Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
N Business Application for Master Category List in 2010 Outlook's Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
R Re: Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
H How to restore the Master Category List in Outlook 2010 and Business Contact Manager 2010 on Windows Using Outlook 2
M Business Contact Manager (Outlook 2010) indexes Accounts but not Business Contacts Using Outlook 1
I Outlook 2010 Shutting Down When Trying to Import Contacts to Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 3
D Moving from Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 to BCM 2010 Using Outlook 1
G Daily Activities Report in MS Outlook 2010 Business Contact Manager Using Outlook 1
R Availability of Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
C Problems adding business contact to business project in Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
A Small business owner, trying to figure out outlook 2010 and outlook connector, 4 issues ive goggled for weeks and have yet to find an answer for... co Using Outlook 4
G Outlook 2010, Contacts, Business Card View, and Arabic indexes! Using Outlook 2
I Business Contact Manager for Microsoft Outlook 2010 won't install Using Outlook 1
S Installing Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2010 in Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus Using Outlook 4
N Office Home and Business 2010 Outlook password Using Outlook 1
K Business Contact Manager Contact Import of 3000 contacts already in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
G Outlook Business Contact Manager 2010 Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 upgrade and Live business email Using Outlook 2
M Email merge from Excel not executing - Outlook Home&Business 2010 Using Outlook 2
S business contact manager/ outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
R Getting Business Contact Manager capabilities in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
M I can not find Business Contact Manager in OUtlook 2010. Using Outlook 15
M Is Business Contact Manager gone in Outlook 2010? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 Reading Pane Slows Startup Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
B Outlook 2010 Can not find a certain file in M/S Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Updating from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 Flag blocked for Safe Senders List???? Using Outlook 7