Limiting access to a published calendar; enrolling recipient's email

• Thread starter aleipold
  • Start date Views 1,871
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aleipold

I am trying to publish my default Outlook 2007 calendar to Office Online and restrict access only to my wife. I can publish it OK, but I get stuck when I send her an invitation. In particular, I do not know what it means in the invitation email I send to her that " you need to enroll the e-mail address to which this e-mail message was sent with a Windows Live ID account." Does this mean that she needs to have a Windows Live ID account with a sign-in name that is the same as her email account (hername@university.edu)? I tried this, and was unable to create a Live ID account using her email address (I was told it was a protected domain). I guess I just don't understand what it means to " enroll" her email address with a windows live ID account.

I looked at the oneline directions for calendar publishing, http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/publish-a-calendar-on-office-online-HA010080983.aspx#_Toc260579367, but this does not answer the question. It just repeats that " a Windows Live ID-enabled e-mail account is required for using the Office Online Calendar Sharing Service." Any clarification on what this means would be great.

A

aleipold

Natasha - thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I am more confused than you think I am.

I am not confused about how to create a Live ID. My problem is that when I try to create an ID for my wife, I am not allowed to create a sign-in that uses the email account associated with her Outlook account (the email is hername@university.edu; the error message says that it is part of a reserved domain). As a result, I don't know how to identify a " Windows Live ID-enabled email account" that is required to give her Outlook account access to my restricted internet-published calendar.

I don't care particularly whether her Windows Live ID includes her email name or not; I just am hoping to figure out how to " enroll" her email address with a Windows ID account. If anyone has any thoughts I would be grateful.

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
what is the domain her email address is in? (part behind the @)

She needs a valid email address to create a Live ID then you need to invite that address to the calendar. If all else fails, she get get a free live or hotmail address or even gmail and use it for the calendar share.

Status
Not open for further replies.