I just configured Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager on my computer. Now all my emails from my Bellsouth have gone over to Outlook. Can I ge

• Thread starter Teresa Harding
  • Start date Views 691
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Teresa Harding

This is for personal use. I don't think I need the Business Contact Manager, but it's there.

All my contacts are still back with my old email account with Bellsouth. It would be most convenient if I could get email in

both accounts. Do I need to use a new name for Outlook and keep them separate? how can I get my messages back in my old

email account.

H

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

Since it appears Bellsouth only offers POP accounts, not IMAP, about all you can do is forward them to yourself or send them to yourself as attachments. You also need to go into your Bellsouth account properties and add a checkmark to the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" checkbox on the "Advanced" tab of the Properties sheet. Otherwise, Outlook will download the messages and delete them from the server, which is standard behavior for a POP email client. Note that you can uninstall the Business Contact Manager, if you've no need for it; Outlook does not require it, it is an add-on for business folks.Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.