Cannot move the items?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gebobs

When trying to move items from my Sent items folder to another folder, I get a message stating:

" Cannot move the items. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Documents and Settings\gebobs\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the Inbox repair tool, see Help."

I opened scanpst but when I go to open that specific file in that specific directory, it's not there. If I navigate to that folder, there is no .pst file. There isn't any file larger than a few hundred kb and I know my Inbox has to be many megabytes.

I have a few personal files I have set up to archive emails. I have scanned and repaired all of those. I've searched my entire hard drive for any .pst or .ost files. All I find are the ones I've created. Where the heck is my Outlook data?

G

gebobs

My bad. I went to C:\Documents and Settings\gebobs\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\...not C:\Documents and Settings\gebobs\Local Settings \Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\. I repaired the .pst file and will see how that works.

Is there a reason why there is an Application Data directory within C:\Documents and Settings\gebobs\ and C:\Documents and Settings\gebobs\Local Settings? Is the first one necessary? Is there a safe way to get rid of redundant, obsolete or otherwise unnecessary MS Office files?

Status
Not open for further replies.