Inserting an unsubsribe link a Mail merge (Microsoft word 2003)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

adampn3

Hi,

I am using the the Word mail merge to email offers to customers. I want to have an automated unsubsribe link at the bottom of the email. When the customer clicks on this they will have an automatic reply email mentioning that they are now unsubscribed from our list. How do i do this? is it possible?

Our email lists are genereted through other software and exported as a excell to mail merge. Will future emails though mail merge recognise those that have already unsubscribed even though they still remain on the original export list?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange

The last question first: you need to update the list of subscribers in the other software or Excel or wherever the address list is stored.

Adding the link (i assume you want it to include their address or a code unique to each subscriber) may be possible using VBA or a utility. Seehttp://slipstick.me/massmail for links.

FWIW, if the membership list is very large, its better to use a real bulk mail or listserve application so subscribe and unsubscribe is automated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Inserting sender name and address with vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Inserting Additional Email Address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
G Message template / custom forms and VBA Help needed - inserting info into table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
D Using Libraries when inserting a file in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 1
L Inserting a PPT/PDF into the message body Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2007 - Slow opening folders when inserting attachments Using Outlook 2
S Inserting Dates With Quick Parts (or Macros) Using Outlook 4
L Block others from inserting appointments in your calendar Using Outlook 3
D Inserting check boxes in task requests Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
J Inserting a symbol in the signature Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
W Inserting HTML in Outlook 2011:Mac Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 inserting a strange character in new emails Using Outlook 2
B Inserting picture of my business card into my email signature in Outlook Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2010 deletes my email when inserting signatures Using Outlook 2
O Inserting Picture into Email Signature on Outlook Version 9 Using Outlook 3
K Outlook 2003: inserting web link without the prefix www into a new e-mail Using Outlook 2
V Why does inserting picture with a small file size cause my Task file size to blow up? Using Outlook 3
S Inserting a text file into Outlook's address book Using Outlook 2
K Inserting a hyperlink into an email will crash Outlook. Using Outlook 1
J Inserting signature includes 2 blank lines below signature Using Outlook 1
J Inserting tables in emails using Outlook 2010 (over prior Office 2007) Using Outlook 1
M Shortcut Key Needed Working with Dialog Box while Inserting Hyperlink in a Contact Using Outlook 1
Y Outlook 2007 crashes while inserting network shared path hyperlink into mail body Using Outlook 8
A Inserting a Table in email Using Outlook 2
F Inserting Screen Clipping - Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
D Inserting illustrations such as clip art Using Outlook 1
B Outlook: Inserting illustrations (e.g., picture) in an e-mail Using Outlook 2
R inserting picture >>>> not dislaying Using Outlook 1
W inserting activeX/user control into form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
H C# inserting word document with formatting into outlook message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
R Inserting a hyperlink in the bod of an outlook appt. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
K Inserting text from a macro Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Outlook 2013 Script Assistance - Save Opened Link with Subject Added Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A How to open a specific link automatically with outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Adding Subject to this Link-Saving VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Insert link in email body to attached document in Outlook 365 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
dyny723 Outlook 2016: Code to link a contact to emails received from that contact Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D launching a link in google Using Outlook 1
S Display PF contact folder items to select contact to link to appointment Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Creating a button or link to a form in the Organizational Forms Library Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
B Wanting to run a script that will filter any body that has a russian link in it. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
J Tasks - the missing link... for me at least. Using Outlook 4
O Wishlist Native solution to detach attachments but keep a link to them Outlook Wishlist 1
A How to open a specific link automatically with outlook Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
G Outlook item link Using Outlook 0
S Calendar loops when clicking on calendar link to start it Using Outlook 1
H Search and delete part of a link inside HTML body message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
D Link contacts with emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
J Unable to link email messages in BCM using a single microsoft office 365 account in outlook 2013 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Automatically open link in email received Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 33