I can't configure my MS Office Outlook 2007 to receive msn.com emails from my MSN ISP. I am running VISTA

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MVolcheff

I accidently deleted my MS Office Outlook 2007 OUTLOOK Profile while adding another (MAPI) Exchange email account. There were four email accounts inside the OUTLOOK Profile. They have obviously all disappeared from my OUTLOOK file list. I desperately need to recover them. When I tried to re-create either the OUTLOOK Profile or one of my former email accounts (msn.com), after filling in all the appropriate exchange information, I repeatedly get a dialogue box asking for user name and password. I am entering the correct password, and it seems Outlook or Outlook Connector is preventing the msn.com email account to be pulled into Outlook. During the tests I never access the In/out servers. I access my emails and folders fine via webmail. I also tried to do a system restore but found out the hard way that a restore point has never been set since I got the computer 3 years ago (how was I to know?). I know, get a MAC, but I am stuck with this problem now and need to recover or re-create the Outlook profile with all four email accounts as soon as possible. Who can help and please, no technical terms, Im a novice.

R

Roady [MVP]

If you want to configure an MSN account with Outlook, you do not select an Exchange account to be added.

Install the Outlook Hotmail Connector if you haven't done so already. Create a new mail profile and select that you want to configure your account manually.For the account type, select Other and then select the Outlook Hotmail Connector.Fill in your details and you're done.

M

MVolcheff

thanks for the reponse and that brought back my e-mail folders in my mn account, but my Calendar, Contacts and Taskers files look to be data from about two months ago and before. There is no current data since about mid June. How would you explain that and how do I find the data file that contain the more recent Calendar, Contacts and Taskers that I input?

R

Roady [MVP]

Logon to you mail account via the web interface; is the information visible there?
If not, it appears you had syncing issues since mid-june or have been storing the information somewhere else.

If you still have pst-files from your previous mail profile, you can connect to them via;
File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... to see what is in them. If you find the contents, you can copy it over to the MSN mailbox. This will automatically upload it back to the server again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Office Outlook 2007 highlighter colors....is it possible to add or configure additional colors Using Outlook 1
L Cannot configure Out of Office when we are connected via Outlook anywhere (RPC/HTTP) Using Outlook 11
H How to configure “Send As” email in Office 365 Account? Exchange Server Administration 10
M Configure outlook 2007 to accept digital signatures Using Outlook 2
D Configure Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 0
M Unable to Configure Gmail Account in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
M configure Onpremise exchange to send/receive emails internally and externally) Exchange Server Administration 0
Diane Poremsky Configure Gmail Accounts in Outlook New Slipstick.com Articles 0
V Can't configure Gmail Using Outlook 10
B Configure Outlook so Exchange uses cached mode but new items are by default saved to Outlook.com Using Outlook 1
Steve Jacobs Possible to configure TNEF options based on *sender*? Exchange Server Administration 3
H Multiple Exchange Accounts: How to Configure Default Contacts, Notes, Tasks? Using Outlook 4
Y Configure outlook with Domino Using Outlook 3
wallisellener DB configure BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
B Outlook 2010 won't configure exchange account, 0kb .ost file Exchange Server Administration 5
V How to configure https mail account Using Outlook 1
N Configure Outlook 2010 to download sent emails Using Outlook 4
R How to configure outlook to avoid sending emails from the wrong account Using Outlook 24
D Configure E-mail on 2 different Networks Using Outlook 1
D How to manage and configure antispam updates for Hub Transport antispam filter agents at "filesystem Exchange Server Administration 1
M How to Configure Multiple Exchange Accounts in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
S Configure Exchange Edge 2010 on TMG in DMZ Exchange Server Administration 1
M TMG +configure client access server external domain Exchange Server Administration 3
C configure outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
G Configure outlook to download hyperlinked images in email automatically to PST Using Outlook 2
S Configure Increase Outlook 2007 PST size limit Using Outlook 1
N how to configure owa to access externally Exchange Server Administration 13
W Windows XP/Outlook 2003: Can I export my Outlook contact list to a web based email account at the server. How can I configure CSV format to comply wit Using Outlook 1
M Automatically configure S/MIME in Outlook 2003? Using Outlook 1
T configure client access server external domain (the client access server role will be internet facin Exchange Server Administration 2
W How to configure Live.ca email to Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
B Cannot configure email in Outlook 2010 with Windows 7 Using Outlook 1
T how to configure an internet server so I can use outlook Using Outlook 2
C How do I configure Outlook 2010 for earthlink email? Using Outlook 1
S Configure outlook client after migrate mailbox from exchange 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 3
R how to configure outlook 2007 clients to publish free busy info to public folder in exchange 2010 (s Exchange Server Administration 3
S how to configure outlook anywhere and OAB in coexist 2003 and 2010 exchange environment Exchange Server Administration 3
D Configure email accounts Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
K how do I configure my email account to outlook Using Outlook 1
R Mail fails to configure properly. Using Outlook 2
A how to configure windows 2003 built in mail server (POP Server) coexistence with exchange server 2007/2010 Exchange Server Administration 7
J Re-configure system generated emails to come from different mailbox Exchange Server Administration 2
S Re: Cannot configure orange e-mail in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
M unable to set up, configure new email on Microsoft 2010 Using Outlook 2
A How configure outgoing email address for Calendar when have multiple email accounts? Using Outlook 2
M Configure my Outlook with my Hotmail address Using Outlook 1
Z Can I configure Safelist Aggregation Synchronization feature on Exchagne 2007 Hub Transport Server? Exchange Server Administration 1
A How to configure outlook in a system in a network connected to a server system ? Internet is only provided in server system. Using Outlook 1
A not configure outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
P configure autocleanup journal mailbox in exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1