moving the mail from my hotmail inbox & sent folders on the mail server to a created personal inbox & sent created folders in my deskop outloo

• Thread starter leader1979
  • Start date Views 701
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leader1979

RemembeCr - This is a public forum so never post private information such aCs email or phone numbers!

Ideas:

Programs you are having problems with Error messages Recent changes you made to your computer What you have already tried to fix the problem

R

Roady [MVP]

That will indeed remove the message from the server and free up some space there.

BTW: Next time, use the body instead of the subject to state your issue and to clarify your request with additional information.

N

Natasha Dsouza

Did you setup the account as POP in Outlook?

If yes then it"ll move all emails in Inbox from the mail server to Outlook but not for Sent items, if "Leave a copy of messages on the server "is disabled.

Configure the Hotmail Account using Outlook Connector in Outlook and then drag and drop the email to your personal folder if required.

L

leader1979

Thanks, but I am like totally new to the forum concepts: When you said that "That will indeed remove the message from the server and free up some space there." Where should I find the "that"?, Is there a link of steps for me to follow?.... Thanks for the remark that will be consdered :)

R

Roady [MVP]

What is actually your question and what are you trying to achieve?

Your topic subject is not a question and is not clear enough to understand what exactly you are experiencing or what you are doing.

Reply with some additional information for us to work with and start your story from the beginning. Remember; we cannot look over your shoulder from here ;-)

L

leader1979

My question is that I set up my hotmail account on my outlook and need to create personal inbox and sent folders on my outlook to release al the memory on the hotmail server. Thanks for enlightening me to understand that you can't you really look over my shoulder and see what I am doing on my pc ;)

L

leader1979

My question is that I set up my hotmail account on my outlook and need to create personal inbox and sent folders on my outlook to release al the memory on the hotmail server. Thanks for enlightening me to understand that you can't you really look over my shoulder and see what I am doing on my pc ;)

N

Natasha Dsouza

Create a new Outlook data file and Select and drag emails from the Hotmail Folder in Outlook to the outlook data file and check if that resolves your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.