Cannot use address book/contacts when trying to send mail

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billd5132

When I open new mail and select the "To" item I get the following message window:

The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the outlook address book, see Microsoft Office Outlook help"

When I click on the contacts icon I can see my entire address list along with my sub folders with those contacts (I have a sub folder for an volunteer organization I am with)

What I need from someone is to help me out in finding and relocating this folder or just getting it to work with my mail I am at a total loss on what to do.

Please help I know the list is out there someplace I just need to get it into outlook and working with my mail

Thanks

G

GordonBP

Right-Click on the Contacts folder, choose Properties and in the Outlook Addressbook tab, make sure the "Use this as an Outlook Addressbook" is checked.

See if that helps.

B

Billd5132

Don't know if this will help - When I select "New Mail" then click on the "to" button I get the following pop up window:

The address list could not be displayed. The contacts folder associated with this address list could not be ipened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions.

When I click on "Ok" a window opens titled "Select Names" On the right hand side is a dropdown box with the following options:

Contacts

Contacts

Contacts

Personnal address Book

The first two Contacts choices and the Personal address book are blank when I click on them. The third contacts list when I hightlight it shows me all of my contacts but the only option I have is to choose a name and then when I click ok it appears in the "To" line on my new mail.

Don't know if that helps you any

G

Guruprasad Ra

Follow the instructions in the Microsoft Article KB 319901 and check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Note: take a backup of the outlook data before modifying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Cannot share calendar, global address book not updating Exchange Server Administration 1
H Exchange server 2010 cannot update default offline address book Exchange Server Administration 2
J I can no longer access my Address Book. I get the message"The folders cannot be opened. It may be mo Using Outlook 2
L cannot download Offline address book Exchange Server Administration 13
A One user cannot access availability or download address book Using Outlook 2
R Contacts are not all listed in address book. Cannot send new mail to contacts listed in contacts.__ Using Outlook 2
T Address book cannot/does not access the contact files Using Outlook 2
S cannot import address book from outlook express 6 into outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
E I cannot open my outlook getting an Installation Error:File not found How do I get it back without losing my emails and address book? Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 10 Windows 7, yes I used Windows Easy Transfer to move my data and now I cannot click the Outlook address book tab selection Show this folder Using Outlook 1
M Windows 7, Outlook 2010, cannot add Contact Folder as an email address book. Using Outlook 12
B would like outlook to open to my email inbox. Also cannot get Address Book setup. Using Outlook 10
S ExBPA 2007 'Offline address book server cannot be found' Exchange Server Administration 3
R Outlook 2010 Address book cannot be accessed for emailing__ Using Outlook 5
S cannot download offline address book..... Using Outlook 5
A Error: The name cannot be matched to a name in the address list Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
O Unable to sent email, 'Microsoft outlook cannot sign or encryt this message, no certification which can be use with this address...' Using Outlook 2
M In my microsoft outlook I cannot receive. The error says my email address on server in incorrect. It Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2010. Cannot access my Contacts from clicking 'To' butto to find an email send address. Using Outlook 2
J This e-mail message cannot be delivered to USER because the e-mail address is no longer valid Exchange Server Administration 2
S When I type in a new email address, it no longer underlines it which means it cannot be sent Using Outlook 1
D Cannot resolve recipient. Even when there's only one email address, and it's fine. Using Outlook 2
J cannot add email address to 2007 office outlook. Using Outlook 2
A Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook Window. - had computer and email address for years without a problem- this just occured Using Outlook 2
J cannot start microsoft office outlook. cannot open the outlook window. - had computer and email address for years without a problem- this just occure Using Outlook 5
rubaboo The vew cannot be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
noshairwan Registry cannot be found, Outlook Security Using Outlook 2
Marc2019 Cannot input Vietnamese Characters on my MSOutlook 2016 in Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
T Cannot remove needless PST Using Outlook 1
Marc2019 Cannot setup Outlook Account on Mac Os 10.6.8 Using Outlook 3
N pst files are recreating automaticaly and cannot be deleted Using Outlook 6
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
T "cannot find the calendar folder for this item" - calendar items stuck in outbox Using Outlook 0
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
iwshim outlook 2013 - I cannot see the "Manage Add-ins" Using Outlook 2
T Cannot connect to main BT email account, sub accts okay Using Outlook 0
O The page that you are trying to access cannot be loaded. Using Outlook 0
M Daily Task List Minimized Cannot Display Using Outlook 2
geofferyh Cannot get Macro to SAVE more than one message attachment??? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
DariTrevino MIcrosoft Outlook PST file cannot repair Using Outlook 1
B One email cannot be sent or received (but leaves outbox!) Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2016 cannot delete, email showing in root Exchange Server Administration 5
S Outlook.com cannot edit some contacts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
B Search: Cannot find which Folder Contains a Message Using Outlook 3
C Outlook - cannot save subject line changes Using Outlook 2
M cannot change delivery folders with IMAP accounts Using Outlook 0