Permanent Pen Function similar to Lotus Notes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dawn1231

Is there a Permanent Pen function similar to Lotus notes? If you are unfamiliar with this function, it is a way for a user to add text into an email in a pre-defined font without having to format each time (i.e. Red Bold). This is different from the default font. Here's an example

Let's say I receive an email from another person which reads:

What color is your car?

What color is the sky?

I hit reply which leaves the questions above in the text, and I want to reply within their text , so here is what the email would now look like with my reply <note: I could not make this text red, so it will be black bold>

What color is your car? Black

What color is the sky? Green

The permanent pen function would allow me to write in my specified font without having to reformat with each item I type into the reply

D

Dawn1231

I am not looking to change the default font for composed or replied messages. We are required to use Arial 10 font for the actual messages. I am actually looking for a "button" of sorts which allows me to go into the email and add replies in to lists (or other information) with a separate font (usually red or blue and bold) without having to reformat each time I type the word.

Here is the information regarding the function from PC World's Review of LN.

Permanent Pen Record

Notes was designed for collaborative work, and its Permanent Pen feature makes it easy for you to comment on documents. Permanent Pen lets you enter comments in a different font and color than the regular text. To use Permanent Pen, first put the document or memo in Edit mode, and then place the cursor where you want to enter the comment. SelectText, Permanent Pen from the database menu, and then enter your text. When you're done, selectText, Permanent Pen again to turn it off.

Permanent Changes

The default text for Permanent Pen is red and bold, but you can change the style. SelectText, Text Properties, which opens the Text Properties dialog box. Click the text tab (AZ), and then select a font, size, style, and color. Click Set Permanent Pen Font, and Permanent Pen adopts the attributes you selected.

R

Roady [MVP]

You can add a style with the formatting of your choice on the Format Text tab in the Ribbon.
You can also use the Highlighter function.

D

Dawn1231

I think the Quick Style will work. However, is there a way to make it work so that I don't have to click on it when I go from line to line? In the example above, I can click Quick Style and then type the word "black", but then when i go to type the word "Green", the text goes back to the original font.

D

Dawn1231

One other question. I created a "QuickStyle" of Bold red, I saved the font. Then, when I closed out Outlook and reopened it, my QuickStyle font is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.