email stuck in outbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wranggler81

I sent an email to a co worker with photos attached. It is stuck in my outbox (useing Microsoft Outlook 2003) and has been for a few days. When I try to delete it, it says it has began transmitting. Is there a way to fix this problem? I have done as some of the forums say and created a new pst file. It did not work. Help me please.

G

GordonBP

No need to create a new pst file at all. (Don't know who gave you THAT information...)

Click File and check Work Offline. Then either wait at least five minutes or close and then restart Outlook. Delete
the message. Click File and uncheck Work Offline.

If that doesn't work, try this:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm

W

wranggler81

Gordon,

I tried the work offline thing and that did not work. It then went to your link and that is where it wants me to create a new pst file. I have done both of these and it still will not allow me to delete it. Is there anything else I can try?

G

GordonBP

Gordon,

I tried the work offline thing and that did not work. It then went to your link and that is where it wants me to create a new pst file. I have done both of these and it still will not allow me to delete it. Is there anything else I can try?

Did you set the new pst file as the default delivery location? once you've done that, you should be able to delete the file in the old pst...

W

wranggler81

Gordon,

After I called my hardware guy, he told me it was as simple as opening the email that is outgoing, deleting the attachments and that will make the email smaller. I did this and it went out of my outbox. Just FYI if you get this question again. I tried the few steps you asked me to and they did not work. The pst file thing did not work so here is a much simplier answer for other people.

Thanks!

Melanie

M

MSOutlooker

Hey folks,

I have the same issue and cutting down the content of the message doesn't fix it. Often with emails that have a lot of images, but sometimes just plain text messages hang in my Outbox permanently. Restarting Outlook doesn't fix the issue. The only way around it has been to copy and paste the entire thread I am trying to forward into a new message, deleting the one in my Outbox and sending it in a new email.

I know other people using Outlook 2003 that do not have this problem. Again, no pdf, no images at all and emails from certain people along with other random emails can not be forwarded or replied to without copying and pasting the message into a new message. Then it will go out without a hitch. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Barry

S

Sammy2021

GordonBP ... OMG ... thank you so much. This totally worked and was so easy! Again, thank you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.