more emails in Outlook 2003 vs Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jobob200

I have 2 computers. One has Outlook 2003, the other has Outlook 2007. I don't get all my emails on 2007. I have 21 in 2003 and only 10 in 2007. I have all my settings the same.

H

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

If this is a POP account and you do not have the "Leave a copy of mail on the server" checkbox activated on both machines, this is normal behavior, whichever mahcine connects download all email available at that time, leaving none for the other, hence one machine will have some of your email ant the other the rest of it. If this is not a POP account, or if you have the checkboxes activated, we need further detail on what kind of account you have.

Hal

J

jobob200

Thanks Hal,

It is a POP account and the box is checked. Both computers are on all night with Outlook open. When I look at what was sent me, the 2 computers are different. I got 2 emails from my office yesterday within 2 minutes. My Outlook 2003 got bothe of them. My 2007 only got the 2nd one. I don't even have a clue where I can get help.

Hope you have some ideas.

Thanks,

Bob

H

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

Well, I do have one thought, do both computers have the same send/receive interval settings? I could see this happening if both computers attempted to connect to and download email from the same account at the same time. It may be a long shot, but you might try giving them different intervals to prevent that from happening. Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.