Outlook 2010 - Setting default account to create new email

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jerry Flatto

I just upgraded to Outlook 2010 from Outlook 2007. I have two email accounts - " com" and an " edu" . I want my " edu" account to be the default account such that when I create a new email, that is the default email address used.

Under " accounts" , the " edu" address is checked as the default address however, the " com" email account is still the email address used when I create a new email. I have looked under options but don't see any way to change this.

I don't know if it matters but my " edu" account is an " imap" account while my " com" account is a " pop" account.

Any suggestions are welcome.

B

Brian Tillman

If you are in the Inbox associated with the IMAP account when you create the new message, the default account used to create a new message will be the IMAP account. If you are in the folders of the POP account, the default account used for a new message will be the POP account marked as default. This is a change in behavior for Outlook.

----------------------------

J

Jerry Flatto

Thank you. Is there any way to change this behavior as I am never in my IMAP folders (i.e., edu folders) since I move any mail from the IMAP inbox to another mailbox under the POP hierarchy?

Status
Not open for further replies.