outlook connector issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ron Henson is me

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both connector and office 2007 in a windows 64bit proffesional environment. After creating a profile useing my gmail account and opening outlook, when I create a hotmail/connector account in the mail32bit icon in control panel, I get different error messages as to why the folder cannot be opened in the outlook nav pane. When I go to the connector tab in outlook and click create new account, nothing happens. no dialog box appears.

N

Natasha Dsouza

Refer the thread link below to uninstall outlook connector manually:

http://answers.microsoft.com/thread/b7e34061-d6c6-4e54-9564-90f582d934e3

Uninstall the older version of Outlook Connector from your computer and install the latest version of Outlook Connector to fix this issue in Outlook 2010.

Do the following to uninstall the older version Outlook connector in the computer.

On the Start menu, click Control Panel.Double-click Programs and Features.In the list of currently installed programs, select Microsoft Outlook Connector and then click Uninstall. If a dialog box appears, follow the instructions to remove the program. Click yes or OK to confirm that you want to remove the program.

Once done, try downloading latest version of outlook connector from the following link and install it on the computer. Configure the email account in outlook and check if it helps.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/microsoft-office-outlook-hotmail-connector-overview-HA010222518.aspx

J

jdhawkins76

I am having the same issue that seemed to start after I tried adding an Exchange account to my Outlook 2007. I am running Windows 7 Professional and had no trouble up to that point and am very dependent on Outlook to keep classes organized etc. I have Connector installed but when I try to add a new account nothing happens. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled Connector 3 times. If I just go to Outlook and try to add an account it fails out with no explanation or error codes. If I go to Outlook Connector/Add a New Account it doesn't do anything at all. It acts like it has started but when I look at Task Manager it only shows Outlook. Will connector show as another process?

R

Ron Henson is me

You describe what was happening to me. My final solution was to use the recovery disc to restore to a previous working condition. In my case, it may have had to do with permissions, but I gave up trying to pin it down and just restored to a working condition. None of the answers listed above made any difference, and I did end up restoring functionality to connector useing restore.

N

Natasha Dsouza

I am having the same issue that seemed to start after I tried adding an Exchange account to my Outlook 2007. I am running Windows 7 Professional and had no trouble up to that point and am very dependent on Outlook to keep classes organized etc. I have Connector installed but when I try to add a new account nothing happens. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled Connector 3 times. If I just go to Outlook and try to add an account it fails out with no explanation or error codes. If I go to Outlook Connector/Add a New Account it doesn't do anything at all. It acts like it has started but when I look at Task Manager it only shows Outlook. Will connector show as another process?

Remove the Hotmail email account referring the link below and then re-add the email account through Outlook connector and check if that helps resolve the issue:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/add-or-remove-an-e-mail-account-HA001231634.aspx

For more detailed information to setup email account using Outlook connector you may also want to refer the links below:

Use a Windows live Hotmail account in Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Outlook connector, numerous versions, connection issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J I'm getting a lot of sync issues. I've got Outlook 2007 and using Outlook Connector to download my Using Outlook 2
A Small business owner, trying to figure out outlook 2010 and outlook connector, 4 issues ive goggled for weeks and have yet to find an answer for... co Using Outlook 4
C Outlook or Outlook Connector - don't know which or both or why, but very irritating connection issues need resolving before I buy what otherwise is a Using Outlook 4
M Outlook Social Connector Issues Using Outlook 1
I Connection issues with BOTH Zune Marketplace and Outlook Connector for Hotmail... Using Outlook 2
C Outlook Connector 14.0: Hotmail with Outlook 2007: Synchonisation issues such as 'Error with Send/Receive' Using Outlook 4
F Outlook Connector 14.0.4514.1008 Sync Issues Using Outlook 7
S Outlook Connector/Calendar Issues Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 12
iwshim Outlook Social Connector for Facebook - updates? work arounds? Using Outlook 1
A How to enable outlook room finder (outlook connector (mapi)) user ? Using Outlook 3
Diane Poremsky Outlook's Social Connector New Slipstick.com Articles 1
Diane Poremsky Outlook Connector Contact Sync Bug (Fixed) New Slipstick.com Articles 0
J Outlook 2007 connector and Windows 10 Using Outlook 3
Ascar_CT MS Outlook 2010 with Hotmail connector went spam control nuts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
T Outlook Connector calendar sync problems with Android phone Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010 sync problems with Outlook Connector Using Outlook 1
A Problems with Outlook Connector in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2010 contacts syncing intermittently via Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
R Outlook 2013 and Social Connector Using Outlook 1
O Outlook 2013 using DAMO (connector for Domino) Sent Items Issue Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 Repeatedly Requesting Password via Outlook Connector Using Outlook 1
P Encoding problems after synchronization with Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 6
T syncing email using Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 16
S Receiving/accepting meeting invitation into new calendar (outlook connector) Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
B Outlook Social Connector Using Outlook 1
M Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector Error: The text exceeds the limit of 1024 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Outlook connector only works when set to default Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
K Outlook 2013 - Removed Social Connector, LinkedIn and Messenger Reappear Using Outlook 7
P Multiple accounts and single Calendar file (Outlook 2010, using Connector) Using Outlook 1
A Need May 2011 14.2 Outlook Hotmail Connector. Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Outlook Connector wont sync with iPhone/iPad Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
D How to correct Outlook Connector Live ID Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
R Outlook Connector will not download ALL messages from hotmail accounts Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
J Outlook Connector equivalent for Google Mail? Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
V What is wrong with Outlook Connector - it still errors out on an EMPTY Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
V Creating Distributions in Outlook Connector Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
S Connector Forces Outlook 2007 To Hang On Send/Receive Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
J Has Outlook Connector just lost all my folders?! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
J Outlook Connector only works for a day?! Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
S Trouble setting up Outlook Connector to sync with windows live Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
R Hotmail won't synchronize with Outlook Connector Using Outlook 2
G Outlook and Hotmail Connector not syncronizing inbox. Using Outlook 1
T contacts in outlook via outlook connector are not syncing to what is listed in Windows Live. Using Outlook 1
T SharePoint 2007 MySites and Outlook 2010 Social Connector Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 7 connector for Domino Using Outlook 1
V Outlook Connector not syncing to Outlook 2003 AND 2007 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
P I have microsoft outlook express 6.0 and an error keeps poping up talking about an add-in. the error says the add-in outlook connector extensions (msn Using Outlook 2
A Social connector breaks Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
D Outlook Social Connector - Options for syncing Using Outlook 1