some emails when deleted from the inbox start to reappear later upto 30 times per day. How do I prevent it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Niranjan I K

Create a new profile for Outlook and then check if it resolves your issue. Click here for information on creating Outlook profiles.

P

pencerdd

I'm not sure whether this is the same as the problem of Outlook 2010 repeatedly downloading messages which have been "left on the server" over and over again (discussed elsewhere in this forum), but in case it is, here's what I had to do to fix it.

This happened to me last night after I removed all Office 2007 components and then installed 64-bit Office 2010. I have multiple POP accounts and they are all set to leave messages on the server for 5 days, so that all my particpating PC's (at home, in my shop and at a second workplace) get copies of all messages so that I can always reply in a timely manner, wherever I am. Suddenly, after starting Outlook 2010, I noticed that 30-odd messages, and all their attachments were being re-inserted into my Inbox every time the scheduled send/receive occurred.

After increasingly desperate browsing of forums while my Inbox was rapidly blowing up, I finally noticed that my Hotmail connector was timing out on the send/receive. A light suddenly went on in my head as an ugly thought occurred to me. Could it be that Outlook 2010 doesn't flag messages as "downloaded" until the entire send/receive process is complete, so that if any component fails, messages which HAVE been downloaded don't get flagged??

Hard to believe, but it seem that this might be the case! I removed Hotmail from the send/receive all accounts group, and everything is now fine!

So my advice to debug this is to disable the "all accounts" group, and try repeatedly sending receiving just one account at a time. If you don't get the repeat messages, then add the accounts back in to the all accounts group one by one until the problem re-occurs, in which case you will need to find out why that account is failing. It may be as simple as an intermittent timeout due to too many messages in the remote mailbox.

Hope this helps. If I have misunderstood your problem, I apologise for wasting your time - but there are a lot of people getting increasingly cross about this on the other thread!

Ade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Outlook 2013: How did "Inbox" emails jump straight to the "Recover Deleted Items" Folder? Using Outlook 2
E Dowloading emails from live.com/hotmail.com to outlook, but without moving them, specially from the inbox to deleted mails Using Outlook 1
A Emails mysteriously being deleted from inbox and sent Using Outlook 9
J Random copying of emails in inbox and calendar appointments deleted Using Outlook 1
M Emails being automatically deleted from Inbox Using Outlook 12
Felix Deleted emails sync problems Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
K Deleted emails keep coming back Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2013 deletes emails, does not send them to Deleted Items or Trash Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2007, IMAP, and Deleted Emails (not disappearing) Using Outlook 0
B Outllok 2013 - Automatically deleted emails Using Outlook 5
D Do Outlook folders/emails still remain on the disk even if they've been deleted/sent to trash? Using Outlook 2
T Duplicate Deleted Emails Using Outlook 2
S Deleted all unread emails in error: Are they lost forever? Using Outlook 2
H Outlook is resending old emails that have already been delivered and deleted Using Outlook 1
L Emails marked deleted Using Outlook 2
O Emails crossed-off instead of deleted. Using Outlook 1
F viewing cox emails on outlok 2010 and want deleted from cox when viewed on outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
T Deleted emails do not appear in Delete folder. Using Outlook 1
J Outlook 2010- Emails deleted off POP server even though setting it set to leave them Using Outlook 6
A Recover deleted emails Using Outlook 1
M Losing deleted emails Using Outlook 1
D Problem: Categorizing emails categorizes ALL emails with same subject, even deleted Using Outlook 7
S Emails deleted from System Cleanup folder in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
B Emails being deleted. Using Outlook 1
S Is there a way to get back emails from a outlook profile that have been deleted by mistake?? Using Outlook 4
S deleting emails via trash or "deleted Items" takes such a long time in comparison to v2007.__Any ide Using Outlook 2
K OUTLOOK 2003 - 40K OLD DELETED EMAILS COMING INTO OUTLOOK FROM ACCT I DONT EVEN HAVE ANYMORE!!! Using Outlook 5
A Save deleted emails Using Outlook 2
J change trash settings so emails are not deleted Using Outlook 1
P i am trying to undelete my emails which i deleted this morning by mistake. I understand these can be regained if done quickly. Please could you help m Using Outlook 2
C Some emails bypassing 'deleted' folder but user did not shift+delete them. Using Outlook 2
A unread emails in deleted file Using Outlook 4
P emails to my email address go into deleted folder Using Outlook 4
S HELP: Email body transcript deleted when receiving response emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
E Email addresses deleted after emails are "Undeliverable" Using Outlook 5
S Restore Deleted Folders and Emails in .pst Using Outlook 6
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Moved many emails to Outlook external folder, need to delete on Gmail server Using Outlook 13
P Move emails between 2 mailboxes. Using Outlook 1
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
P Outlook for Mac - emails are not sent out beginning last week Using Outlook 1
M Missing emails in Inbox, but are present in webmail Using Outlook 0
A How To Get Body of All Emails to view in Blue Using Outlook 1
A How to get body of all emails in outlook 2016 to view in blue color Using Outlook 1
N Extract Outlook emails to excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Group of emails Using Outlook 1
I Saving attachments from multiple emails and updating file name Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Assign categories to outgoing emails Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Outlook 2016 Moving IMAP emails to Exchange Using Outlook 1