I have set up mail and the test showed send and recieve ok but when I send mail or recieve nothing is appearing in any of the folders e.g. Inbox, Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David Prout

I have a brand new laptop which came with office preinstalled. I imported my existing mail by copying the outolok.pst (Outlook 2003) file into the same folder that I found was being used by outlook 2010. I can see all my mail from the old computer in Outlook 2010. I have copied all the previous settings to set up the new version. I tested the setup and the system reported that Send and receive were working fine. I have used the new system to send emails elsewhere and these have been recieved OK but they are not visible in my sent folder. I have been sent emails which have appeared to work, no failures reported but there are no new messages visible in the inbox.

A

admin_vns

and i bet you forgot to copy the nk2 file ..

If i were you i would backup your pst again. and 'remove' your outlook data file under control panel >> mail >> show profiles. and start fresh. this time keep your pst in a different folder. enter in your details once you're in outlook, click >> file >> open >> outlook data file >> and navigate to your pst. Now you should have two inbox's. the one inbox will show your old mail and the other one (usually the top one) will result in your new mail.

H

Hal Hostetler - Print-Imaging [MVP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is it possible it set the fonts used to read incoming mail Using Outlook 11
Diane Poremsky Add Attachments and Set Email Fields During a Mail Merge New Slipstick.com Articles 0
D Outlook 2007 e-mail header- How to set font & font size in received message headers ? Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Add attachments and set email fields during a mail merge to email New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Emerogork How do I set up an "Incoming mail filter" Using Outlook 12
S Set up Outlook 2010 by backing up pst files, incoming mail fine but outgoing originally gave me the Using Outlook 1
C Can not set Outlook 2010 as default e-mail. Using Outlook 2
K Cant view folders set up on old version of outlook - and cant access mail sent to those folders . Using Outlook 1
P How to get Outlook 2003 POP3 mail into Outlook 2010 set up for IMAP? Using Outlook 1
C Set Outlook 2007 to display mail the default way. Using Outlook 3
J How do I set up my e-mail account in outlook. I go to www.hotmail.com to get my e-mail. However my Using Outlook 8
J HOW TO SET DEFAULT E-MAIL FONTS AND LINE SPACING - using a theme for a particular e-mail butn don't know how to set so it stays that way for the next Using Outlook 1
T Tools, Options, Mail Set-Up Icons to the RIGHT are displayed too large Using Outlook 4
M Windows Office 2007 set up with Gmail. Receives forwarded mail but gets 'objecct not found' when tryin g to send mail Using Outlook 1
J trying to set up my live mail (hotmail) to work in my Outlook 2003 without Outlook Connector Using Outlook 3
B How to set encoding for all incoming mail. Using Outlook 2
F Cannot set up e-mail on Outlook. Using Outlook 3
6 unable to sucessfully set up an e-mail account. Using Outlook 2
G How do you view the ruler in an e-mail you are creating (Outlook 2010)? Manually set tabs, etc. Using Outlook 4
C retrieve stationary that was set up in my outlook 2003 mail Using Outlook 3
J I have set up outlook on my laptop and when I connected to my winmobile phone to sync all the mail was taken off my phone and put in outlook. Using Outlook 1
C Auto reply - how to set it up for new incoming mail only??? Using Outlook 2
J I want use Microsoft Outlook 2003 as my main mail application what kind of server type do i use, and how do I set it up Using Outlook 1
V microsoft word is set to be your e-mail editor. However,word is unavailable Using Outlook 1
O Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannon fulfill the messaging request. please run MS Outlook and set it as the defau Using Outlook 5
N VBA: how to set a category to all mail in a folder ? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B How do i set a remainder if i didnt reply the mail with in 2 hrs? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
bmtjedi Set objApp = Application Not Working in O365-32bit Using Outlook 1
F how do i set a reminder in onenote 2010 Using Outlook 8
glnz How set up new IMAP on Outlook-Office 365 and merge in pst from Outlook 2003 for same two email accounts? Using Outlook 5
ChrisK2 Send email to advertise@slipstick.com fails: "The group advertising isn't set up to receive messages from..." Using Outlook 3
S How to set up button in ribbon for individual Quick Steps Using Outlook 1
J Set Timer/Countdown on Emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
N How to set automatically the default or user defined Quickstyle Templates by Answer in Outlook Using Outlook 1
Victor_50 Set all subfolders to not autoarchive Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
Z Script to set account? Using Outlook 0
4 Macro to set the category of Deleted Item? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J What is the best EntryID format to set on MS Access table Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Can you set reminder to specific times? Using Outlook 7
CWM030 I do not see a way to set the personal archive folder Exchange Server Administration 2
witzker Macro to set contact reminder to next day 9:00 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 45
O Set columns for all (sub)folders Using Outlook 8
S Appointment-Cannot set Categories because ConversationID is not set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Fozzie Bear Correct Method to set up Outlook.com accounts as Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
e_a_g_l_e_p_i How to set fonts for emails in all folders in Outlook Using Outlook 1
F Set (flagged) reminder for next business day Using Outlook 4
L how to set downloaded cached emails Using Outlook 5
J Object Variable or With Block Not Set Error in Outlook 2016 and not Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S set a flag task date as the next weekday Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4