In Outlook 2010 selecting the Junk drop down for a message & then "Never block..." fails to add entr

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J_Damien

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Commemorative Edition; Office 2010 Professional Plus 32-bit (for add-in compatability); McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i with Outlook extensions removed

I have noticed that whenever I attempt to add an entry for a Safe Sender to the Junk options, if it is not added by typing the information into the UI & is instead added by using the drop down menu with a message selected, the entry is not created.

Picking the option to trust the sender, or their domain, will make the email message download images & act as if it is trusted, but the corresponding entry is not added, even though the UI states it has been.

This is on an Outlook 2010 installation that is only configured to use POP email accounts, since it is on my personal laptop.

I have used the problem recorder in order to capture the issue with screenshots & can provide a SkyDrive link if necessary.

J

J_Damien

I deleted my Profile settings from the 32-bit Mail control panel option & then created a new profile using the 32-bit Mail control panel.

At this point, it is adding the junk mail options correctly. We'll have to see if it " sticks" after I start adding more accounts besides my primary POP.

J

J_Damien

And.... as soon as I added in more POP accounts the Junk options stopped adding to the list of Safe Senders again....

EDIT: All POP accounts are delivering to the same Inbox in the same PST file as well.

N

Niyamath Khan

As you have stated it started working when you created Outlook new profile and stopped when you started adding more email accounts.

You may check if any particular account setup is causing this issue by creating a new "Test " profile and add email accounts one at a time.

You may also provide us the SkyDrive link so that we can have a look at screenshots so that we can assist you in better way.

J

J_Damien

As you have stated it started working when you created Outlook new profile and stopped when you started adding more email accounts.

You may check if any particular account setup is causing this issue by creating a new "Test " profile and add email accounts one at a time.

You may also provide us the SkyDrive link so that we can have a look at screenshots so that we can assist you in better way.

If you only have two POP based accounts that are part of the same profile & delivering mail to the same PST file, adding to the Safe Senders in Junk Mail seems to work just fine.

Once you add a third account to the list, it starts to have problems with adding Safe Senders to the list in Junk Mail. After this problem happens, only mail sent to the " default" POP account is able to have the senders & domains added to the Safe Senders list of Junk Mail correctly.

EDIT: Tested this by seeing the domains to be trusted failing to show up in the GUI. Changed the default delivery account & then emails sent to that account were able to be added to the Safe Senders list.

J

J_Damien

After doing some more digging around, even though all the POP accounts are part of the same profile & are all using the same Inbox, they are somehow maintaining seperate lists of Safe Senders...

I noticed this by going back into the original profile & looking at the list of Safe Senders, which was slightly more than 20 domains (due to the lack of a wildcard function, I have *four* that are related to Microsoft). I then swapped the default POP account to one that was added later & looked at its list of Safe Senders. There were *eight* listed.

Why is there not a unified list of Safe Senders being stored for the entire Profile?

J

J_Damien

I've uploaded screenshots to SkyDrive in order to show the issue with Outlook keeping seperate lists for each POP account, even though they are part of the same Outlook Profile.

Outlook 2010 Junk

J

J_Damien

Bueller? Bueller?

I still haven't found any reason why Outlook 2010 is keeping the lists per POP account instead of per profile...

EDIT: Ok, so I found a post talking about how it's a new " feature" for the program. Now, to find out how to turn this feature OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B MS Office 2010: Word email merge not selecting default Outlook account Using Outlook 1
e_a_g_l_e_p_i I think it may be time to upgrade from Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 4
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 Reading Pane Slows Startup Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
B Outlook 2010 Can not find a certain file in M/S Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Updating from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 Flag blocked for Safe Senders List???? Using Outlook 7
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
K Maximum Categorize Shortcuts In Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
E Unable to open Outlook 2010 after adding new email account Using Outlook 4
RBLampert Outlook 2010 no longer (?) shrinks large images Using Outlook 4
N Outlook 2010 will not send nor receive Using Outlook 4
U Outlook 2010 'freezes' before moving emails Using Outlook 2
P Outlook 2010 trusted emails going to spam folder Using Outlook 18
E Outlook 2010 Subject sort uses Thread-Topic for grouping Using Outlook 2
King Mustard Maximum Categorize shortcuts in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010 keeps asking for username and password Using Outlook 1
M Duplicate Primary Mail Accounts outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
T Compacting Outlook 2010 OST results in old emails being re-sent Using Outlook 6
K Outlook 2010 duplicate download emails 1 inbox 1 PST no updates Using Outlook 3
D create an html table in outlook custom form 2010 using vba in MsAccess Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Potty Ash MS Outlook 2010 custom form - validation or formula to request user to check a checkbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
RBLampert Outlook 2010 sends to/receives from some Gmail addresses but not others Using Outlook 3
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Question about address book in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 9
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Is there a good third party SPAM filter that intergrates with Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
e_a_g_l_e_p_i Another reinstall of Outlook 2010 issue Using Outlook 10
S Outlook 2010 Cannot Open Attachments Using Outlook 14
Justo Horrillo Issue with rules in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
L Upgrade from Outlook 2010-any reason to? Using Outlook 1
C Attached Files outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
C Attached files on Outlook 2010 Sp1 & Exc 2013 are missing Exchange Server Administration 1
EaglePI Outlook 2010 need help with rules Using Outlook 0
K can not reinstall outlook 2010 Exchange Server Administration 0
T outlook 2010 mail item count doesnt match display Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Werewolf Workaround for the missing Activities tab in Contact Folder Properties in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 2
G Can't open .pst. Message could not access default folder (Outlook 2010 (.pst). Before that was backi Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 on re-imaged computer missing calendar/contacts Using Outlook 0
V Hotmail account on Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
E How to send automatic emails in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1