Attached document from Sharepoint to an email in Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PSWN

How do I attach a document that I have saved on my team's Sharepoint to an email that I am sending in Outlook 2007?

D

Dorothy H.

There are a few ways. One thought though... if you are sending this document to others who have access to the site, you could just send a link. From the document library, locate the document and right-click on it and choose copy shortcut. In the body of the email, paste the link.

However, if the recipients do not have access to your sharepoint site, then you should attach the file itself and there are a few ways it can be done. One way is to right-click on the file name and copy shortcut like I mentioned above, then in Outlook, click Attach File and in the file name box, paste what you copied and click Insert or hit enter. (I find copy/paste quicker than typing out the address of the site).

Another way - We have Windows XP and use Network Places. We'll basically create a shortcut to that library. So when we go to attach a file, on the left of that Insert window, we'll click My Network Places and then choose the shortcut to the library we created and can choose the file from there. If you have Windows 7 though, I believe that functionality has moved to " Computer" . You only have to create the shortcut once though. It makes attaching files to email or even opening files directly from Word, Excel, etc. alot easier.

Hope this helps somewhat. I'm new to this community so this is my first reply to a question ;)

D

Dorothy H.

Thank you Diane. Although I use the SharePoint connection in Outlook, much of our office doesn't because they choose to store PST on a network drive and we've run into issues as a result. Therefore, I tend to forget about that feature :) Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Insert link in email body to attached document in Outlook 365 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
W My document file cannot be accessed through the 'attach' icon. That file can only be attached by going to 'Documents' in master fi Using Outlook 2
C Attached Files outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
C Attached files on Outlook 2010 Sp1 & Exc 2013 are missing Exchange Server Administration 1
M attached images not showing in text area Exchange Server Administration 0
E What does mean this icon at the picture attached? Using Outlook 2
J Outlook emails attached to tasks Using Outlook 4
D Open attached CSV, copy newdata and paste it to database CSV Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Outlook VBA to print attached Pdf to a fax printer and assign fax number Using Outlook 0
I could not open attached files, i receive a message with “corrupted file” Using Outlook 0
R outlook freezes for 5 to 7 mininutes while send a file attached from netwrk dr Using Outlook 2
T Word attached files open Word. Excel files open Picture Manager!! Using Outlook 2
M outlook items attached show up blank Using Outlook 3
W Default Path For Files to Be attached to a Message Using Outlook 1
T Japanese Fonts. Subject line turned to garbage on pst when attached to profile Using Outlook 1
D Saved draft with more than 100MB file attached disappears Using Outlook 1
C Configuring automatic reply with an approved message attached to original received message that will be forward to a 3rd party Using Outlook 2
M loosing extension of attached documents while sending mails via MS Exchange Serer 2003 Using Outlook 4
P Delivery receipt with original message attached? Exchange Server Administration 2
S change my attached photo veiwer Using Outlook 1
S outlook today in box is attached to an in box in the archived folders Using Outlook 1
K I can't open links that are attached to emails Using Outlook 1
N Why receipient see "attached" email in Plain Text when sender sent and attached an HTML outlook emai Using Outlook 3
R Bug? Message size limit checked before attached images resized Using Outlook 1
R auto resize attached pictures Using Outlook 1
P Cannot open links attached to incoming email. I get 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please Using Outlook 1
N Emails with PDF files attached dont get delievered Using Outlook 1
D File attached to an e-mail message stored in Outlooks Express is corrupted after some time Using Outlook 3
S [Outlook 2003 VBA] Help to save two attached files in different paths with VBA Using Outlook 1
M Hyperlinks in Doc change when attached to Outlook message... Using Outlook 2
B Unwanted ATTxxxxx..htm files are attached to my email Using Outlook 1
M how to save data changes in an attached email with office 2010 Using Outlook 5
S Imbedded vs. attached files Using Outlook 1
A How do I remove an add-in from my uninstalled virus protection program that was attached to Outlook. Using Outlook 7
W 'Windows Application Error 0Xc00000a5” error opening attached files or email link in Outlook Using Outlook 1
C Email with large attached wont leave outbox Using Outlook 2
D Is there a way to show an 'Attached:' Field in an appointment? Using Outlook 1
B Can't download files attached to Hyperlinks. Using Outlook 4
P I am unable to activate links attached to e-mails received Using Outlook 2
R Attached messages stripped in cache mode Using Outlook 7
L Preview handler to view attached Word documents not working Using Outlook 2
J importing contacts, data, emails and attached files from ACT 2009 BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
X Attached MSG files change when saved Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Select the position of an attached file in a HTML mailitem Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
A Copy attached MSG to Inbox in IMAP folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
B Can I install to a Network Attached Drive BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
C replace subject line generated by converting a word document to PDF and sending it to an email Using Outlook 8
R Microsoft Outlook can't translate this document. Using Outlook 1
J Outlook body to word document Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
M How to create a document or email template for Opportunities BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0