How to fix Error: Could not obtain Microsoft Outlook version

• Thread starter BRoyallyOrgnizd
  • Start date Views 2,597
B

BRoyallyOrgnizd

I have found lengthy comments from current to over a year ago about this error message but have not found any answers on how to resolve the error message that keeps popping up.

I think we, the community, either need resolution or direction to were the " how to fix" it answer is so we all can find it.

I actually quit using MS office for about a half a year... just last week decided to try it again... only to find trouble with no answers to be found.

Brian Tillman

What error message to you mean? I don't see it included in your post. Surely it's more than simply " could not obtain Microsoft Outlook version" . What do you do to elicit the error?

----------------------------

K

KeepU

Yes it is that simple, as far as I can tell it has something to do with the google calendar sync addon in outlook.

R

rguishard

I have found lengthy comments from current to over a year ago about this error message but have not found any answers on how to resolve the error message that keeps popping up.

I think we, the community, either need resolution or direction to were the " how to fix" it answer is so we all can find it.

I actually quit using MS office for about a half a year... just last week decided to try it again... only to find trouble with no answers to be found.

I am using Google Sync and am having this same " could not obtain...." error that continues to pop-up in a dialog box every 10 minutes or so. Very irritating. Surely there must be a way to end it.

Rodney rguishard@aol.com

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
I am using Google Sync and am having this same " could not obtain...." error that continues to pop-up in a dialog box every 10 minutes or so. Very irritating. Surely there must be a way to end it.

What version of Outlook? Have you asked google why their program reports that error? See if anything inhttp://www.google.com/support/forum/p/Calendar/thread?tid=578c9c3d9049cdf1&hl=en helps - they seem to suggest this:

" Once inside outlook go to tools - trust center - click 'add-ins' in the left pane. You will probably see Google calender in the disabled or inactive add-ins list. Down at the bottom you will see " Manage" - make sure the COM add-ins are highlighted and click GO. Just check Google Calender Sync and click OK."