messages sent to non-primary email address

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

szuguan

Hi,

Exchange 2010 on win2k8 r2.

Branch office(A) using external mail hosting(mail.domanA.com) so the mail domain is not same as hq. Inside the AD and Exchange 2010 in hq, got A's staff windows accounts and mailboxes. The mailboxes primary email is point to hq's domain(mail.domanHQ.com). In order to send message to A's staff and they able to receive the message, I must add the external email address for them each. I did that, and also set the external email adress as a primary email. By this configuration, when HQ's staff send message to A's staff, A's staff able to receive message by their mail.domainA.com account. But i aware that A's staff receive none from HQ's staff and I found out that all messages sent by HQ's staff are inside the exchange mailboxes(reside in mail.domainHQ.com).

I restarted all the exchange services but still same result. please help and advise. thank you.

A

Alexei Segundo

Why do Branch Office A staff have mailboxes in the Exchange org if their mail is hosted externally? To me, it sounds like you will need to create contact objects representing the Branch Office A users and assign their external address as the targetAddress. If you do this you will also need to hide the internal Branch Office A mailboxes from the GAL (to avoid duplication).

Might also be simpler just to remove the internal Exchange mailboxes associated with Branch Office A users.

Alexei

S

szuguan

hi,

I understand that. they have windows account because they need to remote to hq.

if i disable branch office A mailboxes can i enable it back later? just in case.

R

Rene van Maasakkers - more2know

You can set the target mail attribute so all mail will be forwarded.

So the mailbox will still there and all mail will direct forwarded to the external mailaddress.

Active Directory Attribute :targetAddress

Value: smtp:mailaddress@domanA.com

Kind Regards Rene van Maasakkers

A

Allen Song

Hi,

Of course, you can enable it without any issue.

Thanks

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GregS Outlook 2016 Sent Items vs Sent Messages Using Outlook 2
O Rule to move (specific) messages from Sent folder to Specific folder Using Outlook 1
icacream outlook keeps neither SENT or FORWARDED messages... they vanish ! Using Outlook 4
B Looking to filter (or just find/search) for only messages that the sender has sent more than 1 messa Using Outlook 2
Diane Poremsky Delay Delivery of Messages Sent at Specific Times New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Reusing Sent Messages New Slipstick.com Articles 1
Diane Poremsky Recalling Sent Messages New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Recalling Sent Messages New Slipstick.com Articles 0
rc4524 Create auto follow-up reminder email for already sent messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Not all messages get downloaded in the Sent folder Using Outlook 6
T sent messages go to inbox Using Outlook 9
L How do i choose where i file my sent messages? Using Outlook 1
O "Replied" messages not in "sent" box, but are appearing in my "inbox" from me Using Outlook 1
A Messages sent from Outlook 2010 display incorrect 'sent to' name in Hotmail Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 4
P Messages stuck in outbox and must be sent again. Using Outlook 1
M since setting up office outlook2007 all messages are being sent to deleted folder in webmail Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2010 does not save "sent" messages Using Outlook 1
N I set up contact group and when I try to send emails to groups, I get invalid recipient message (showing the group name) and no messages are sent Using Outlook 2
I Sent messages missing Using Outlook 1
S OUTLOOK 'FORBIDS' MY MESSAGES FROM BEING SENT FROM OUTBOX.... Using Outlook 1
M Tables lost in Outlook Sent Messages Using Outlook 2
F Messages being sent to drafts after sending Using Outlook 4
C Outlook 2010 sent messages stay on taskbar Using Outlook 9
F Messages take long to appear, rules (here they come again) don't work, sent messages aren't saved Using Outlook 8
K Changing the location of sent messages for shared inboxes Using Outlook 1
O Desktop Advanced Find Cannot Find Messages Sent via Blackberry - but they are synched and listed in Sent Folder Using Outlook 2
Y Just installed Outlook 2010: Can't see any sent or received messages in either Inbox/Sent Items or f Using Outlook 2
S Sorting out sent messages. How can I consolidate 3 sent message directories and successfully retain sent messages across 3 differnt computers using th Using Outlook 2
J Submitting Outlook New Messages To Be Sent By FAX Using Windows FAX And Scan Facility From Outlook Using Outlook 2
S sent messages not saving, despite box being checked Using Outlook 5
H Messages won't leave Outbox - sit in Date:None and cannot be sent (delay send becomes checked as wel Using Outlook 1
S From Field is blank in sent messages that I set to save to folder other than Sent Items Using Outlook 1
V Messages received today show as yesterday and messages sent today are undeliverable. Using Outlook 1
N Outlook - check sent items if messages sent from a specific account move it to another mailbox sent Using Outlook 3
S How to retain "Date Sent" and "Date Received" data when copying email messages from Outlook to an Ex Using Outlook 2
M Outlook 2007/iMap - Sent messages appear in inbox. Using Outlook 4
T Saving Sent Messages in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
M Messages sent to outbox without date Using Outlook 1
C When I press Send, my messages go to Outbox and stay there. They are not sent out. Using Outlook 4
A Outlook - saving sent messages Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2010 not saving messages to sent items Using Outlook 2
D Sent messages no longer appearing in Sent list after installing Outlook 2003 update Using Outlook 5
S Up to about a month ago, everything with my Outlook 2010 was fine. Then, I found out that my sent messages weren't being received and I did not get n Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 - Sent messages do not end up in Sent folder Using Outlook 1
G Sent messages are duplicated continuously. OutlookExpress6 Using Outlook 2
S 550 SC-001 Unfortunately, messages from weren't sent Using Outlook 1
V I keep getting error messages about undeliverable e-mail I never sent to begin with. Using Outlook 2
P sent folder not saving messages Using Outlook 6
C Can't see Inbox or Sent messages but they are there Using Outlook 2
S Sent and received messages do not appear in Inbox or Sent Items Using Outlook 1