Exchange 2010 migration from 2007 - problem installing Hub transport

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ebott

Hi there,
I am migrating an exchange 2007 sp3 server to exchange 2010 (w2k8 r2 fully updated).
After met all pre-requisites I managed to install the following roles: Mail Box, Client access and Management tools.

Unfortunately I not able to install the “Hub Transport role”. When I try the installation ends with the following error:
The following error was generated when "$error.Clear(); new-receiveconnector -Name ("Default " + [String][System.Environment]::MachineName ) -MaxRecipientsPerMessage 5000 -Fqdn $RoleFqdnOrName -Bindings 0.0.0.0:25,[::]:25 -RemoteIPRanges 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255,[::]-FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF:FFFF -DomainController $RoleDomainController -MaxInboundConnectionPerSource Unlimited -MaxInboundConnectionPercentagePerSource 100 -SizeEnabled EnabledWithoutValue" was run: "Active Directory operation failed on olivetree.mydomain.com. The object 'CN=Default EXCHANGE,CN=SMTP Receive Connectors,CN=Protocols,CN=EXCHANGE,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=The Group begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting ,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=com' already exists.".

Active Directory operation failed on olivetree.mydomain.com. The object 'CN=Default EXCHANGE,CN=SMTP Receive Connectors,CN=Protocols,CN=EXCHANGE,CN=Servers,CN=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT),CN=Administrative Groups,CN=The Group begin_of_the_skype_highlighting end_of_the_skype_highlighting ,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=mydomain,DC=com' already exists.

The object exists.

Please help.
Thanks
Emiliano

X

Xiu Zhang

Hi,

First please check if that receive connector exists.

Please try to run get-receiveconnector |fl and then post the issue here.

Besides, I'd like to know if olivertree is the server that you try to install Hub Transport 2010 Server.

Regards,

Xiu

E

Ebott

Thanks for your reply Mike but I but I don"t think I am affected from this bug. I have been able to upgrade the schema without problems. I also met all requirements and I successful install Mail Box, Client access and Management tools roles.

I only have issue installing the hup transport. Looking the error again it seems that the object (Hub transport probably) is already installed. I can"t see how this is possible but, is there any way I can check if the hub transport is already installed on my server?

If I am wrong and you right about the bug, has Microsoft released a fix for that?

I really have to complete this exchange migration by the end of the week.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Emiliano

E

Ebott

Hi All,

Actually I think that Hub Transport is installed correctly but for some reason (maybe a bug as suggested) the exchange installer doesn"t recognise it and keep prompting for a reinstall. I currently migrating the mail boxes to exchange 2010 and all emails seem to flow from one server to another with no problem. I guess this means that the Hub transport is working ok!

Many thanks for your help!
Emiliano

Status
Not open for further replies.