HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeRPC\ParametersSystem is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimbravo

I'm attempting to configure static RPC Client access ports using the procedure documented below (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff622319.aspx#config). At this time, I've only created the CAS array, and don't have any mailbox servers installed. The \ParametersSystem is missing. Is there a corrective action you can suggest?
RPC Client Access and Address Book Services Configuration

If the Client Access server is configured to participate in a load-balanced array, follow these steps to configure the RPC Client Access and Address Book services to use a specific TCP port for client connections. The procedure uses TCP7575 and TCP7576, but you can utilize any TCP high ports that are available within the environment (adjust load-balanced array rules accordingly).
Connect to the server through Remote Desktop, and then log on with an account that has been delegated local administrative access. Start Registry Editor.
Important: Incorrectly editing the registry can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Problems resulting from editing the registry incorrectly may not be able to be resolved. Before editing the registry, back up any valuable data.
Navigate toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeRPC\ParametersSystem Right-click Performance, point to New, and then click DWORD Value. Type Show TCP/IP Port to name the new value. Double-click TCP/IP Port. In the Value data box, type 7575, and then click OK. Navigate to <Exchange Install Path>\bin. Open the MicrosoftExchange.AddressBook.Service.exe.config file in Notepad and edit the following entry:

<add key="RpcTcpPort" value="7576" />
Save the file.

J

jimbravo

Step 2, states to "Right-click Performance, point to New, and then click DWORD Value." However, the 'Performance' value doesn't exist. Should I create this or should I create the DWORD under the 'ParametersSystem' context?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Microsoft 365 Outlook keeps requesting password on Local Account Using Outlook 1
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2016 Creating a shared local Contacts folder Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2016 Migrate 'On My Computer' (local storage) Calendar from Mac Outlook to Exchange Account Using Outlook 5
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
A Are categories still recommended for creating local distribution lists? Using Outlook 3
J Issues in Canceling iCloud Configuration and Reverting to Local PST Configuration Using Outlook 0
E Are reminders local or global? Using Outlook 2
J Install BCM Client without an local SQl Database BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
Fozzie Bear Wishlist To be able to add a local folder or network share location in foldern view Outlook Wishlist 1
K Macro doesn't recognize local mails from colleagues Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Local Outlook 2013 folder and message changes not synced with EAS to Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 7
K Ask about a simple script about save a incoming mail as file on local PC Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
Commodore Message becomes "unread" after moving to a local folder Using Outlook 2
G Macro to move sent items from local folder to IMAP folder Using Outlook 4
S Searching contacts across GAL and local address book at same time Using Outlook 1
C Outlook local calendar & iCloud calendar syncing query Using Outlook 3
F VB Script to Delete all contacts under local contacts folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Local folders in Dropbox Using Outlook 1
Z Making Outlook Default folders to local/personal instead of Hotmail Using Outlook 8
A Exchange 2010 Outlook 2010 and Local Failures sync issue Exchange Server Administration 5
L Adding a Win2k8 Domain User as a Local Admin or Power User in a Win7 machine. Using Outlook 2
W To stop outlook 2010 to open my browser at file:///C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Microsoft/Windows Using Outlook 1
R Local email sent to distribution group goes to poison queue Exchange Server Administration 4
B Re: Outlook is VERY slow. I have 207,000 local failures and growing fast. Using Outlook 3
C Exchange 2010 Mail flow Local Delivery Exchange Server Administration 3
A Removing local admin rights from client machines Using Outlook 2
P cannot open default email folders errors in c:\users\officemax\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst Using Outlook 1
D Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2010 mail stuck in Exchange 2003 Local Delivery Queue Exchange Server Administration 10
N Outlook Anywhere Not Updating Local Cached Password After Reset - Client Stays Disconnected Using Outlook 2
E Saving Opened attachments in a secure environment (no local drive access) Using Outlook 6
A Outlook Connector: Error 0x8DE00006 when sending to email address with a & in the local-part Using Outlook 2
J how to auto-archive exchange mailbox to local mailbox Using Outlook 1
J Cannot open your default e-mail folder. The file "C\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlo Using Outlook 2
P Local move request Exchange Server Administration 4
M move local user profile &amp; data to domain user Using Outlook 1
B Mailbox contents being stored on local PC?? Using Outlook 2
H Exchange 2010 mgm console not connecting to local exchange, redirects to other exchange 2010 server Exchange Server Administration 6
A A Sync Issues folder with a Local failures sub folder suddenly appeared this morning in the All Mail Using Outlook 2
S Local move request fails Exchange Server Administration 3
F changing Received: from "myserver.mydomain.local" to mysite.com in header Exchange Server Administration 13
M Unable to open Outlook. Error: Error have been detected in the files c:user\my name\appdata\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst. quit outlook and mai Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 - Cached/Offline Mode and Local File Sever Using Outlook 2
J c:\Users\Doug Barlow\Appdata\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost Using Outlook 1
O Setting a follow-up time, is that the local time on the recipient(s) machines, or my time? or? Using Outlook 1
M C:\users\michael lon\app data\local\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst Using Outlook 2
M The file C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. Using Outlook 3
C Sync Imap folders to local folders Using Outlook 1
O Outlook Calendar 2007 meeting details are shown in senders local time. Using Outlook 1
D Remove message bodies from local IMAP folders but not from server Using Outlook 4
C Loss of Local Folder Using Outlook 1