Default E-mail policy-removing an address

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris Vavrek

I'm currently setting a new Exchange 2010 environment for a customer that is migrating from Lotus Notes. During the setup of Exchange 2010 the default email address was setup as ABC.com which was fine because they will be using a different SMTP address altogether.

I realize that you can edit the default e-mail address policy using a cmdlet but is there a way to completely remove an address from the default policy. I used the cmdlet to rename the address to make another one the primary address but it left the old address there as well. The reason I need to remove this is that it is causing some issues with the third party tools I am using for the Notes migration.

Thank You

M

mitch roberson

So the email policy will assign the address but will not remove it. you can set a new on to primary which should help some. however if you really have to remove the aother address's you may want to look at powershell, Set-mailbox -emailaddresses

I am not totally sure this will work but may help some. I would definately test it.

Mitch Roberson |MCITP:Enterprise Server Admin, Messaging 2007, 2010 |MCTS:OCS with Voice Achievement |MCT |MCSE 2000\2003 |MCSE Messaging 2000\2003

C

Chris Vavrek

I used a cmdlet similar to the one below which but it did not remove the address it just added the other.

Set-EmailAddressPolicy -Identity "Default Policy" -EnabledEmailAddressTemplates SMTP:mad:ABC.com,smtp:mad:contoso.com.

M

mitch roberson

i have not tried this but I would test it on an account set-mailbox -id "username" -emailaddresses $null

granted this may remove all email addresses but then you could use the policy to add the correct ones.

again I have not tried this so test it in depth.

Mitch Roberson |MCITP:Enterprise Server Admin, Messaging 2007, 2010 |MCTS:OCS with Voice Achievement |MCT |MCSE 2000\2003 |MCSE Messaging 2000\2003

C

Chris Vavrek

Thanks Mitch for the response.

I am in the early stages of migration so recreating the correct policy would not be an issue. I am looking for a way that I can remove ABC.COM completely from the default email policy. The customer currently has a Notes server with the address ABC.COM so when the newly created users in ABCAMERICA.COM try to send mail to the ABC.COM address it fails because Exchange thinks the adressses exist on the Exchange server. The newly created users do not get an ABC.COM address.

I do not need to setup connectors as Notes will be going away and they are not migrating all data just a small amount which I am using some third party tools for.

I will take a look at some of the cmdlets or maybe adsiedit

Thank You

M

mitch roberson

Then the command I showed will work. you will have to turn off emailaddresspolicyenabled to false so you can run the $null command, and you will have to probably pipe the database to it so you can have it run through all the users. but it should work once you have turned off the address policy, then I would go back re-enable that then setup the new policy.Mitch Roberson |MCITP:Enterprise Server Admin, Messaging 2007, 2010 |MCTS:OCS with Voice Achievement |MCT |MCSE 2000\2003 |MCSE Messaging 2000\2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
Mark White VBScript Move sent mail to non-default folder Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Changing default Mail Account in Outlook 2016 - POP3 Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky To Change the Default E-mail Program in Windows New Slipstick.com Articles 0
David Rahrer Change default Junk E-Mail folder Using Outlook 6
C Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot ... Using Outlook 1
T Make Default Outlook 2010 Client Mail Using Outlook 1
L Outlook 2010- Be able to move default Mail folders (Outbox, Draft, etc) Outlook Wishlist 1
R OL10 - Send To "Mail Recipient" doesn't go to default email account Using Outlook 23
H The default e-mail account keeps switching to another account. I have to manually switch it back everytime I open Outlook. Using Outlook 2
N Unable to open your default e-mail folders. You must connect to your Microsoft Exchange Server compu Using Outlook 1
J The connection to the Microsoft Server is unavailable. Unable to open your default mail settings...t Using Outlook 1
D Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The server is not available. Contact your adminstrator if t Using Outlook 3
B Changing E-Mail Address Default Using Outlook 3
D Can not find your mail folders by default. An unexpected error has occurred. MAPI was unable to load Using Outlook 2
C Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Exchange Server Administration 4
Z Unable to open your default e-mail folders Using Outlook 6
B "Cannot open your default e-mail folders. Outlook cannot start because a data file to send and recei Using Outlook 1
J Cannot open your default e-mail folder. The file "C\Users\Jim\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlo Using Outlook 2
H Sent items only show up in default mail account Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2010-could not perform function; default mail client not properly installed-when trying to a Using Outlook 1
C Can not set Outlook 2010 as default e-mail. Using Outlook 2
B Problems with Default to text and need to change to HTML. Must change Font each time I handle mail or typing. Using Outlook 1
A Could not perform this operation because the default mail client is not properly installed Using Outlook 25
A windows not detecting outlook pro 2010 64 bit as the default mail program Using Outlook 1
R Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Outlook could not start because a data file to send and Using Outlook 2
C Set Outlook 2007 to display mail the default way. Using Outlook 3
N I can't change from Outlook to Yahoo! Mail as my default. Yahoo! Mail does not show up in the Intern Using Outlook 1
A E-Mail default fonts Using Outlook 1
C Default Mail Client???? Using Outlook 5
L Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Users\LeannJane Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010, No default mail client, Windows 7! Using Outlook 2
J HOW TO SET DEFAULT E-MAIL FONTS AND LINE SPACING - using a theme for a particular e-mail butn don't know how to set so it stays that way for the next Using Outlook 1
S Error after upgrade: Cannot open default e-mail folders Using Outlook 3
M Cannot open your default e-mail folders Using Outlook 1
S Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 Quick rule managent with a PST file as the default mail delivery locat Using Outlook 1
D "Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The file ....pst is not a personal folders file" message s Using Outlook 5
A Cannot open your default e-mail folders. Using Outlook 1
B Re: Outlook 2010 No Default Mail Client Error Using Outlook 3
S Cannot open your default e-mail folders. Using Outlook 1
S 'Unable to open your default e-mail folders' appearing after Office 2010 upgrade Using Outlook 3
P Cannot open default e-mail folders error. Using Outlook 5
J Outlook is not recognized as the default mail provider or the current Mail client cannot fill the me Using Outlook 2
T unable to open default e-mail folder Using Outlook 1
F Cannot start default e-mail folders. Errors have been detected in the outlook.pst file. Using Outlook 2
J Signature doesn't get included for non-default mail accounts Using Outlook 6
G [outlook 2007]Error message : Cannot open your default e-mail folders the file ... Cannot be opened Using Outlook 2
J Microsoft Office 2010: cannot open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be o Using Outlook 1
H Cannot open your default e-mail folders. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if Using Outlook 6
L cannot open your default e-mail folders. Errors have been detected in the file....... Using Outlook 2