Error with starting Exchange services (Address book and Mailbox replications)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Aswxed

Hello.

I have an error with two Exchange Services. Can anybody help me in resolving this problem?

Descriptions: New installed domain Server 2008 R2 level, new installed Exchange 2010 + update rollup 4. On one server I have 4 roles: Mailbox role, Client access role, Hub transport role, Management tools.

Symptoms: I have an error in Applications Event log with starting a Exchange Services, such as Microsoft Exchange Address Book service and Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service.

D: 1004 An unexpected error occured while starting the Microsoft Exchange Address book Service

ID: 4999 Watson report about to be sent for process id: 4640, with parameters: E12, c-RTL-AMD64, 14.00.0702.000, M.E.AddressBook.Service, mscorlib, S.S.SecurityDocument.InternalGetElement, S.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException, 5ea5, 02.00.50727.4952.
ErrorReportingEnabled: False

ID: 7009 A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service to connect.

ID: 7000 The Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

ID: 7031 The Microsoft Exchange Address Book service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

In result this services could'not start.

Client software (Outlook 2007) working correctly.

I was set the automatic (delayed) type of start on this services - no positive result.
What a shoud do with it?

Where i can find an extended information about reason of this problem?

thanx (and sorry for my ugly English)

A

AlwaysBusy

Hi,

check the file Exchange-Install-Dir\bin\microsoft.exchange.addressbook.service.exe.config

the second line has missing in our environment following:

<configuration>

insert the line or copy the file from another server

addressbook-service will than start and errors are disappearing

br cd

A

Aswxed

Hi,

check the file Exchange-Install-Dir\bin\microsoft.exchange.addressbook.service.exe.config

the second line has missing in our environment following:

<configuration>

insert the line or copy the file from another server

addressbook-service will than start and errors are disappearing

br cd
Hello. thank you for your answer. I have checked this file and compare with file from another Exchange 2010 Server (in foreign infrastructure) they are identical. And line with " <configuration>" is the same in both files. No positive result. Any other ideas?

A

AlwaysBusy

Hi,

in our case it was the error. But have you tried to copy the file from the foreign system, perhaps your file only seems to be ok.

best regards

cd

A

Aswxed

Hi,

in our case it was the error. But have you tried to copy the file from the foreign system, perhaps your file only seems to be ok.

best regards

cd

I was do it. But no result. This is my variant of file (in both systems) =========================================================================

<?xml version=" 1.0" encoding=" utf-8" ?> <configuration> <runtime> <gcServer enabled=" true" /> <generatePublisherEvidence enabled=" false" /> </runtime> <appSettings> <add key=" NspiEndpointEnabled" value=" true" /> <add key=" RfrEndpointEnabled" value=" true" /> <!-- Set port to an empty string to disable ncacn_ip_tcp. --> <!-- Set the port to 0 to allow the server to assign a port number dynamically. --> <add key=" RpcTcpPort" value=" 0" /> <!-- Set port to an empty string to disable ncacn_http for the specific interface --> <!-- Standard port assignments: Nspi=6004, Rfr=6002 --> <add key=" NspiHttpPort" value=" 6004" /> <add key=" RfrHttpPort" value=" 6002" /> <!-- Enables and disables the logging for the address book service. --> <add key=" ProtocolLoggingEnabled" value=" true" /> <!-- Specifies the folder in which log files will be generated. --> <add key=" LogFilePath" value=" C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Logging\AddressBook Service\" /> <!-- Specifies the max size that a single log file can grow to before a new one is generated. --> <add key=" PerFileMaxSize" value=" 10MB" /> <!-- Specifies the max size that the entire directory of logs can grow to before the oldest log is deleted. --> <add key=" MaxDirectorySize" value=" 1GB" /> <!-- Specifies length of time in hours log files will be retained before being deleted. --> <add key=" MaxRetentionPeriod" value=" 720" /> <!-- Specifies if we need to switch log file each hour. --> <add key=" ApplyHourPrecision" value=" true" /> <!-- Specifies the maximum number of sessions permitted per user. --> <add key=" MaxSessionsPerUser" value=" 50" /> </appSettings> </configuration>

=========================================================================

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Error starting MS Outlook - Problem Event Name CLR20R3 Using Outlook 2
R Error 1325 when starting Outlook 2010 on Windows XP Using Outlook 1
V Date and/or time error in Outlook Form Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Run-time error '430' on certain emails when trying to set "Outlook.mailitem" as "ActiveExplorer.Selection.Item" Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
E Complite error on SaveAsFile method Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Outlook VBA error extracting property data from GetRules collection Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
A Unable to save recurring Meeting to Documents folder due to error Using Outlook 2
M Compile error: User-defined type not defined Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
M ERROR: None of your email accounts could send to this recipient Using Outlook 2
J OLADD.FAE Error When Exporting Contacts Using Outlook 6
C Send/receive error 80040119 Using Outlook 2
W error with the permission for the file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook 2019 MAC sync error after working for 4 hours Using Outlook 1
A Run time error 424. object required in outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 10
M error code 0x8DE00006 Using Outlook 1
M Desktop Version Of Outlook Generating Error Using Outlook 4
M Send/Receive error 0x800CCC0F Using Outlook 0
T Outlook 2016 CSV Translator Import Error Using Outlook 6
ManaarZakaria I'm afraid of this issue, cause of strange error Exchange Server Administration 2
P Suppress dialog box on email check error? Using Outlook 5
vodkasoda Object could not be found Error in Outlook 2007 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
S VBA Macro - Run-time error '424': object required - Help Please Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
avant-guvnor Outlook.Application now produces error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
P Run Time Error 91 when linking contact to task in VBA Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
N Error 0x80090326 when trying to setup IMAP account on Outlook.com Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
N Saving And Deleting Outlook Attachments with Unknown Error Message Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
Dennis Gaudenzi Your setup couldn't be started because of an unexpected error (mapi 0x80040604) Using Outlook 14
M Outlook 2013 fails to start -- missing WindowsCodecs.dll error Using Outlook 3
Steshelter ICloud Unexpected Error Using Outlook 5
Rupert Dragwater "there was an error reading this theme" Using Outlook 3
A Error: The name cannot be matched to a name in the address list Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 0
S Error using AddressEntry.GetContact - need help Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Outlook - 2013 - Error msg when copying folders from Online Archives to another user's mailbox Using Outlook 0
Vijay Error in rule- Run a script Using Outlook 1
B Automation error running VB macro code Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
J Object Variable or With Block Not Set Error in Outlook 2016 and not Outlook 2013 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Macro to copy email to excel - Runtime Error 91 Object Variable Not Set Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 11
Diane Poremsky The Attachment Size Exceeds the Allowable Limit Error New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky RMS Error: System clock has been tampered with New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Diane Poremsky Error Opening Outlook and Control Panel's Mail Applet New Slipstick.com Articles 0
K Error: Paper Size Invalid Using Outlook 0
M Error 0x 800CCC92 Using Outlook 0
Diane Poremsky Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook Error Message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
S Autosave attachments error using Len Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
J Error 75 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Copy email to excel runtime error 5020 Using Outlook 5
B "The properties of the message…have been changed" error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
I Windows 10 - .msg files on disk show Explorer popup error Using Outlook 5