Exchange 2003 2010 coexistence - booking conference rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hylvp

We've just introduced Exch2010 into our 2003 environment and moved some user mailboxes to the 2010 mailbox server. However, when these users try to book a meeting with a conference resource that is located on a 2003 server (the resource is just a user account called "conference room") , the booking is not created.

The conference room account does receive the booking invite in its inbox. It is set to auto accept booking invites. Users whose mailbox is still on Exch2003 can book the conf room with no issues as before.

Thanks for any suggestions.

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

Move all the mailboxes and resource mailboxes to the 2010 server as soon as you can after you have verified that the resource mailboxes work as expected in 2010. Lousy advice, I know. But I have seen enough weird issues with resource mailboxes in co-existance scenarios to know that you can waste alot of time troubleshooting this.

( Note that 2003 resource mailboxes are really shared mailboxes, so when you move them to 2010, you'll have to convert them to a resource mailbox)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb201749.aspx

H

Hylvp

I noticed that when I moved a user to 2010 yesterday, they could not book a 2003 conference room. However, today they could. It almost seemed as though some recurring background process ran between yesterday and today. Any ideas what that could be?

H

Hylvp

It turns out that users could book 2003 resources via Outlook 2010 with the direct booking registry change.

However, booking 2003 resources from OWA2010 is not supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.