Server 2003 /Outlook 2010 address book not updating

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JennCarr

i have one user that her address book is not updating. I deleted a user from the server yesterday. He still shows up in one users outlook. I cked and he is gone from AD and i have outlook running on a different server and he does not show there.

How do i get the single user to update now that the download address book button has been taken in outlook?

Thanks

Jenn

G

Gulab Mallah

Hi,

Update the OAB and replicate the domain controllers and that should fix the issue.

Cheers,
-Gulab

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

To update it on the server, open ESM ( this is Exch 2003 yes?)

In ESM/ Recipients/Offline Address Lists/Right click your OAB and select Rebuild

If it has already been rebuilt and successful, from within Outlook 2010, go to the Send And Receive tab/ Send and Receive Groups/Download Address Book

If you still see the old entry, close Outlook, delete the *.oab files under the users App directories on their workstation ( It differs by O/S, so just search for *oab and ensure you are searching the entire disk and hidden files etc..)

Re-open Outlook and either do a manual download again or wait a bit for the auto download.

A

Allen Song

Hi,

If this issue only occurs on one user side, you need to check the msExchUseOAB attribute of the user. If all the users have the issue, you need to rebuild the OAB, and check whether any error message come up in the Event Log.

Thanks

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Outlook 2003 does not send or receive imap mail from server Using Outlook 0
J I use Windows XP with Microsoft Outlook 2003 and I cannot get int the Microsoft Exchange server. Using Outlook 1
K on outlook 2003, how do I set up an out of office reply if I do not use the exchange server Using Outlook 2
T Outlook 2003 thinks I'm connected to and exchange server. I'm not. How do I reset Using Outlook 1
D User running outlook 2003 not able to connect to Exchange server 2007 Using Outlook 5
A I have purchased a replacement computer and installed Outlook 2010. My server is a 2003 small business exchange server. How can I access the calenda Using Outlook 1
M Exchange 2010 Outlook Web App via Exchange 2003 Front End Server Exchange Server Administration 1
M Outlook 2003 & msstd:FQDN of RPC Proxy Server & GPO $ wildcard certificate Using Outlook 2
L Server 2008 R2 Outlook 2003 SP3 Using Outlook 1
L Server 2008 R2 Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 unable to connect to a remote Microsoft Exchange 2003 server Using Outlook 8
W Windows XP/Outlook 2003: Can I export my Outlook contact list to a web based email account at the server. How can I configure CSV format to comply wit Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2003 prompts for username and password when network disconnects - Main issue is that the name of the server appears in the logon box rather th Using Outlook 1
J Microsoft outlook 2010 on windows 2003 Server. Using Outlook 1
C Exchange 2003 to 2010 migration semi-successful, except...Outlook 2003 is still pointing to old server Exchange Server Administration 4
T Outlook 2010 and SBS 2003 Exchange server. Profile problems Using Outlook 1
J Calendar Reminders do not appear in Outlook 2007 on Exchange server 2003 Using Outlook 2
M outlook 2003 pop3 exchange server Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2003 IMAP not connecting to server. Local inbox empty. Using Outlook 2
H Very slow response in connecting Outlook with Exchange 2003 server Using Outlook 4
E Outlook 2003 Connecting to Microsoft Exchange Server Using Outlook 1
Y MicroSoft Office Outlook 2003 error message! Your IMAP server has closed the connection. This may oc Using Outlook 2
F Outlook 2003 detection of New Exchange Server Using Outlook 2
J MicroSoft Office Outlook 2003 error message! Your IMAP server has closed the connection. This may Using Outlook 2
P ms-outlook 2003 with exchange server 2007 is too much slow Using Outlook 3
H Outlook 2003 Disconnect - Server Name changes Using Outlook 1
T Outlook 2007 not get connected to Microsoft Exchange 2003 mail server from remote in Win7 Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2003 denied access to Hotmail account - server responded forbidden Using Outlook 1
J Configure MS Outlook 2003 to start on Terminal server without wizard with no email support for all users Using Outlook 1
M Deleting a email server from Microsoft Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 1
J I want use Microsoft Outlook 2003 as my main mail application what kind of server type do i use, and how do I set it up Using Outlook 1
A Re: Security alert when starting Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 - Exchange Server 2003 Using Outlook 5
C Messages are delivered to Exchange Server 2003 but not visible to end user in OWA or outlook Using Outlook 2
A Re: Security alert when starting Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 - Exchange Server 2003 Using Outlook 1
B Outlook 2003 w/AOL as mail server Using Outlook 1
V PROBLEM OF 'DISCONNECTED' IN OUTLOOK 2007 running XP PRO OS, IN A NETWORK OF WINDOWS SERVER 2003 Using Outlook 2
S Duplicate e-mail messages are downloaded from a POP3 e-mail server account in Outlook 2003 Using Outlook 19
D Mail stuck in outlook 2003 outbox when Hub Transport Server is not available Using Outlook 8
J Outlook 2010 + Exchange 2003 + ISA Server 2004 VPN Using Outlook 14
E Outlook 2003 on a Terminal Server Freezes or hangs Using Outlook 1
Z Exchange 2010 OWA and outlook 2003 not able to access from terminal server after redoing the database. Exchange Server Administration 6
L Outlook 2003 hung when connect to Exchange Server 2003 Using Outlook 5
D 2003 Outlook with BCM SQL server failure BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
G Outlook 2007 on XPsp2 OEM unable to connect to Exchange Server 2003?? Using Outlook 36
S How to leave e-mail on Exchange 2003 server? Exchange Server Administration 1
J Problems starting Information Store Server in Exchange 2003 Exchange Server Administration 13
V Uninstall ONLY Exchange 2010 but leave Exchange 2003 server in place - Public Folders Question Exchange Server Administration 5
H Unable to remove the last exchange 2003 server in the organization Exchange Server Administration 2
J Exchange server 2003 to 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
O Small Business Server 2003 SP3 & Blackberry Using Outlook 1