Outlook 2007 Calendar access

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bppowell

Hi, we have just moved over to exchange.

One of the questions I am asked is "how I stop people just picking up and viewing my calendar". The other is "how do I stop them adding meetings to my calendar".

Barry

R

Ripu Daman

Hi,

In general when a meeting request & u haven't responded then it will be marked as tentative & will the added in your calendar, to avoid the same you have to change your outlook setting to deny meeting in steed to marking they as tentative, do explain if I understood the issue wrongly.

Ripu Daman Mina | MCSE 2003 & MCSA Messaging

G

Gen Lin

Hi Barry,

To prevent other people viewing your calendar:

1. Open Outlook, click Folder List at the bottom of the Navigation Pane to view the Outlook items.

2. Right click Calendar and click properties.

3. In permissions tab, make sure that "Default" users" permission level is set to "Free Busy time".

4. Remove other users from the permission lists.

-----
"how do I stop them adding meetings to my calendar".

As Ripu said, Exchange will automatically place every meeting that send to you into your calendar and marked it as tentative. To disable this feature, please follow the these steps:

1. Log into OWA, click Options->Calendar Options.

2. Under “Automatic Calendar Processing”, uncheck the box “Automatically place new meeting request on my calendar, marked Tentative.”

Thanks

B

BCY123

Hi

followed your advice....but...i notice that when i right click emails addresses from within my company I can look at others calenders...Since i use my calender for personal appts, i want to completely block others from looking at my calender... when i open permissions for the calender i see 2 items

default.....free/busy time

anonymous.......none

How do I modify this to completely block anyone from looking at any element of my calender.

thanks

Byron

Status
Not open for further replies.