Separate user accounts (Windows 7) but all sharing each others emails.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Confused in NC

I have 4 user accounts (Windows 7). Each has their own email address, but emails are not being separated. We all get each others email. Using Outlook 2010. How do I get each person's email to go to just their user account?

G

Guruprasad Ra

Ensure the same email accounts have configured in all the user profiles.

If yes, remove it and configure the email accounts with respective to the user only.

Check this Microsoft Article to know how to configure the Email accounts in Outlook.

B

Brian Tillman

To me this indicates that all of the mail addresses, while appearing to be different, are actuall just aliases of each other and there is only a single mailbox into which messages addressed to any other addresses are delivered. This means thet they aren't really separate mail addresses. This is an issue for your mail service provider to address and is not an Outlook problem. Guruprasad may be correct, but I think my explanation is more likely. You can verify it by sending (or having someone send) a message to each of the addresses, then using a web broswer to log into the mailbox on your service provider's web site before opening Outlook. If you see the messages in the mailbox, then I'm correct and you'll have to arrange for separate mailboxes with your mail provider.

----------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Separate Read Layout Editing Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Separate Read Layout Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
D Move Emails between Folders in Separate Mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
L Outlook 2007 Separate the Send/Receive functions Using Outlook 2
M Separate Internal and external emails in outlook Using Outlook 1
T Reinstalled OL2010 now have 3 separate inboxes and contacts missing Using Outlook 2
M setting up 2 separate businesses in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
P [SOLVED] How to separate/show appts by users on one sheet Calendar Printing Assistant 2
C Help! Running Outlook 2010....merged mail from old laptop to new and now I have three separate sections. Using Outlook 1
M Separate Outlook accounts still have the FROM from default account... Using Outlook 2
J will outlook 2010 work with office 2007 if I remove outlook 2007 (Separate Licence) Using Outlook 2
P Setting up three separate e-Mail account to run independent within one profile Using Outlook 1
D Two Accounts with separate address books in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 2
D Designing Storage and Databases for Separate Archives Exchange Server Administration 9
L Save contacts to separate files/folders? Using Outlook 1
T Possible to move a mailbox from Exchange 2003 Forest to a 2010 Forest, even if they are in separate, trusted doamins? Exchange Server Administration 1
D setting up specific in-box folders for separate email accounts Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2003: For select messages only, would like replies automatically sent to 2 separate addresses. Using Outlook 4
M Separate Email Accounts and Signatures Using Outlook 1
J How to Manage 2 Separate Email Accounts Separately on Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 7
N separate signatures for different accounts Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
N Separate string in email body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P Does Bus. Cont. Mgr run separate from personal database? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 1
T Customize button image for separate Outlook forms region Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Z WebView doesnt function with separate pst Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
icacream Enter your user name and password for the following server. Using Outlook 5
B User defined field for messages with 'me' in the [To], [Cc] line Using Outlook 0
S User Defined Fields adding new value (2) Using Outlook 0
R Creating a user defined function Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
M Compile error: User-defined type not defined Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
M How to export Voting Results with user names and their responses Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 13
M vCard does not have user-defined fields from my custom contact form (365) Using Outlook 1
C Outlook 2016 Conditional Format for User Defined Field Using Outlook 1
G <mailto:user@domain.com<mailto:user@domain.com<mailto:user@domain.com>>> Using Outlook 5
F MAPI, User Defined Fields and perspective after 20 years Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook Business Contact Manager with SQL to Excel, User Defined Fields in BCM don't sync in SQL. Can I use VBA code to copy 1 field to another? BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
A Created a new user account and the local account cannot see email Using Outlook 3
N How to set automatically the default or user defined Quickstyle Templates by Answer in Outlook Using Outlook 1
S Custom Form, copy user field data to message body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 12
Daniel Schunk User-defined form arrives empty at the recipient Using Outlook 3
C Changed By field not displaying individual user's name in O365 Shared Mailbox Using Outlook 9
M other user's mailbox won't open, forms disappeared Using Outlook 42
S Custom user fields in received messages Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 10
T Have Outlook 2016 suggest email address auto complete entries directly from the user's contacts list Using Outlook 0
Potty Ash MS Outlook 2010 custom form - validation or formula to request user to check a checkbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 16
P Change PC User Directory & iPhone Sync Using Outlook 2
J Assess content of User Defined Field in Rule Using Outlook 3
M How can I determine which user read an email Exchange Server Administration 4
J reinstalling Outlook 2007 asking for user name & password Using Outlook 14