Exchange 2010 SP1 Post Installation issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skuttan

Hi,

After installing SP1 - i am having issues with Activesync to our mobile users :

Mail is being downloaded to the devices - but when opening the messages - message is appearing as " this message has not been downloaded from the server"

and under the message " this message is only partially downloaded"

and the option to download says 0 bytes

Basically Exchange is logging the following error:

- System
- Provider
[ Name] MSExchange Common
- EventID 4999
[ Qualifiers] 16388
Level 2
Task 1
Keywords 0x80000000000000
- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2010-08-26T10:27:34.000000000Z
EventRecordID 166042
Channel Application
Computer intaklex01.intrical.local
Security

- EventData
E12
c-RTL-AMD64
AirSync
MSExchange ActiveSync
Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.InboundConversionOptions.CheckImceaDomain
UnexpectedCondition:ArgumentException
False

S

Steve Goodman

Heya,

What mobile device is in use? Are they the same make/model with this problem or does it vary?

Steve

Steve Goodman
Check out my Blog for more Exchange info or find me on Twitter

S

Steve Goodman

Hiya,

There are problems with the iPhone implementation against Exchange 2010. These should be fixed in iOS 4.1

I've had these issues myself and found that (so far) this has worked, under 4.0.2

http://www.jimgoings.com/2010/08/fix-for-iphone-ios-4-and-exchange-2010-active-sync-issues/

The fix is basically forcing the iPhone to use the EAS 12 protocol, same as 2007.

There is more background here verifying it is a problem here http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2010/07/01/455342.aspx (the profile mentioned is not the same as the one above) .

Steve

Steve Goodman

S

skuttan

Hi Steve,

Tried that on my iphone 4 - and no luck - still having the same issue - can confirm its a Iphone issue as we have 2 users on palm treo's with no issues - only the iphone users are experiencing the issue after SP1 was installed.

We had 2010 RTM Rollup 4 and had no issues with our iphone users :S

S

Steve Goodman

Hiya,

Darn it, I was hoping that would work. I've had an issue myself this evening after the " fix" and saw something similar except it was just a blank message when opened, but before opening the preview showed some text. :-(

I know others pre SP1 release had some issues but it the finger is firmly pointed at Apple. Other customers definately have bugs/support cases open with them and have indicated that Apple say all will be well in 4.1; I don't have access to a developer account to try the latest build myself though :-(

Last question then is do you have any non iOS 4 devices? Do they have the issue? We haven't recommended any user updates their device from 3.1.3 yet (even with that PDF vuln!) and haven't had issues reported, as yet.

Steve

Steve Goodman

S

skuttan

Hi Steve,

We don't have any devices that are not IOS4 unfortunately :(

If you have access to a iphone device that is not at IOS4 - i could email you some details on a test user account on my exchange server to see if we can replicate the issue

We never had any issues pre SP1 with our exchange 2010 and iphone users - but since installing SP1 - all our iphone users are experiencing the issues

i wonder when 4.1 is out :S

S

Steve Goodman

I don't have access to any myself :-(

I did see on Gizmodo a link to a guide to downgrade 3GS's though - but not tried it myself.

Steve Goodman

B

Brian Day MCITP

Have you already run your system through www.testexchangeconnectivity.com just to be sure it isn't Exchange itself? Are the Treos using ActiveSync? There area few non-ActiveSync Treos out there that use other means to connect to Exchange.

Try removing your account from the iPhone, and then also log into OWA, go into " All Options" , then Phone on the left, click on your device in the Mobile Phone list, and click the X to delete the partnership from Exchange. After that is gone, wait a few minutes for AD to replicate that partnership deletion and try to configure the partnership from your phone again. Is the behavior any different at all?

Microsoft Premier Field Engineer, Exchange
MCSA 2000/2003, CCNA
MCITP: Enterprise Messaging Administrator 2010
Former Microsoft MVP, Exchange Server
My posts are provided "AS IS" with no guarantees, no warranties, and they confer no rights.

S

skuttan

Hi Brian,

Yes - ran the activesync test and it passed ( only issue was Certificate is only trusted on Windows Mobile 5.0 AKU2 (MSFP) and later)

I have checked the palm treo myself and it is definitely configured to use activesync to sync the mailbox

I have tried your above steps - but i am still getting the errors

mail is being downloaded to the device - i can see who sent the email and the brief preview of the email - but when opening the mail item

" this message gas not been downloaded from the server."

this message is only partially downloaded.

download remaining 0 bytes

On the exchange server in the application log :

Watson report about to be sent for process id: 4836, with parameters: E12, c-RTL-AMD64, 14.01.0218.011, AirSync, MSExchange ActiveSync, Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.InboundConversionOptions.CheckImceaDomain, UnexpectedCondition:ArgumentException, be7f, 14.01.0218.015.

ErrorReportingEnabled: False

S

skuttan

I ran the logging to see if i could get anything out of it,

I noticed this :

RequestTime :

08/27/2010 14:11:06

ServerName :

INTAKLEX01

AssemblyVersion :

Identifier :

6654D6D4

RequestHeader :

POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync/default.eas?User=sureshk&DeviceId=Appl83032REYA4T&DeviceType=iPhone&Cmd=Sync HTTP/1.1

Connection: keep-alive

Content-Length: 78

Content-Type: application/vnd.ms-sync.wbxml

Accept: */*

Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

Accept-Language: en-us

Authorization: ********

Host: owa.intrical.com

User-Agent: Apple-iPhone3C1/801.400

Ms-Asprotocolversion: 12.1

X-Ms-Policykey: 2959627245

RequestBody :

<?xml version=" 1.0" encoding=" utf-8" ?>

<Sync xmlns=" AirSync:" >

<Collections>

<Collection>

<SyncKey>106087367</SyncKey>

<CollectionId>7</CollectionId>

<GetChanges>0</GetChanges>

<Options>

<FilterType>2</FilterType>

<MIMESupport>2</MIMESupport>

<BodyPreference xmlns=" AirSyncBase:" >

<Type>4</Type>

<TruncationSize>32768</TruncationSize>

</BodyPreference>

</Options>

<Commands>

<Fetch>

<ServerId>7:103</ServerId>

</Fetch>

</Commands>

</Collection>

</Collections>

</Sync>

SyncCommand_GenerateResponsesXmlNode_Fetch_Exception :

System.ArgumentException: imceaDomain must be a valid domain name.
at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.InboundConversionOptions.CheckImceaDomain(String imceaDomain)
at Microsoft.Exchange.Data.Storage.OutboundConversionOptions..ctor(String imceaDomain)
at Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.AirSyncUtility.GetOutboundConversionOptions()
at Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.SchemaConverter.Common.BodyUtility.ConvertItemToMime(StoreObject xsoItem)
at Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.SchemaConverter.XSO.XsoContentProperty.get_MIMEData()
at Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.SchemaConverter.AirSync.AirSyncContentProperty.InternalCopyFrom(IProperty sourceProperty)
at Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.SchemaConverter.AirSync.AirSyncProperty.CopyFrom(IProperty srcProperty)
at Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.SchemaConverter.AirSync.AirSyncDataObject.CopyFrom(IProperty srcRootProperty)
at Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.SyncCollection.ConvertServerToClientObject(ISyncItem syncItem, XmlNode airSyncParentNode, SyncOperation changeObject, GlobalInfo globalInfo)
at Microsoft.Exchange.AirSync.SyncCollection.GenerateResponsesXmlNode(XmlDocument xmlResponse, IAirSyncVersionFactory versionFactory, String deviceType, GlobalInfo globalInfo, ProtocolLogger protocolLogger, MailboxLogger mailboxLogger)

LogicalRequest :

<?xml version=" 1.0" encoding=" utf-8" ?>

<Sync xmlns=" AirSync:" >

<Collections>

<Collection>

<SyncKey>106087367</SyncKey>

<CollectionId>7</CollectionId>

<GetChanges>0</GetChanges>

<Options>

<FilterType>2</FilterType>

<MIMESupport>2</MIMESupport>

<BodyPreference xmlns=" AirSyncBase:" >

<Type>4</Type>

<TruncationSize>32768</TruncationSize>

</BodyPreference>

</Options>

</Collection>

</Collections>

</Sync>

AccessState :

Allowed

AccessStateReason :

Global

ResponseHeader :

HTTP/1.1 200 OK

MS-Server-ActiveSync: 14.1

A

AndyD_ [MVP]

One thing that may help is to enable activesync logging from the Outlook Web App Options/ECP page for some of these phones.

It may reveal something.

Status
Not open for further replies.