Win 7: Control Panel Mail Icon does not work

• Thread starter tpither
  • Start date Views 11,132
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tpither

I have tried office 2010 and downgraded back to 2007 in Win 7

A message appears that my outlook profile has been created with a newer version of outlook.

The answer to this is to copy the profile but when I click on the Mail (32 bit) icon in the control panel absolutely nothing happens.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks - Thomas

N

Niyamath Khan

What is the exact error message which you get while opening Outlook?

If you are trying to create a new profile then use the run command and check if this helps.

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run > Outlook /profiles and hit on Enter.

Note: There is space between Outlook and (/) slash.

T

tpither

The exact error message is " The mail profile " outlook" was created with a newer version of outlook and mzy contain information that is not compatible with your current outlook version. If you experience problems with this profile, zou can create a new profile. In windows control panel, open Mail, then click Show Profiles, and then click Add.

The run command just opens outlook, it does nothing else.

I ran FixIt for Office 2010 and then for 2007, rebooted and installed Office 2007 new.

The error message is still there. And I still cannot open Mail in the control panel.

N

Niyamath Khan

Do you get a pop window which states "Choose Profile" when you run the below run command?

Click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run > Outlook /profiles and hit on Enter.

If so then click on new and then try creating new profile to configure the email account.

Status
Not open for further replies.