%0d%0a characters are getting blocked in Outlook Web Access (OWA) browser based tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Saroja Kandepuneni

0d0a characters are getting blocked in Outlook Web Access (OWA) browser based tool

We are using %0d%0a character for line breaks in the Mailto URLs as described in RFC2368.

The links are not working when email is accessed through the Outlook Web Access (OWA) browser based tool, as ISA is finding

the URL to be an XSS attack then blocking the access. <!-- p.x_MsoNormal, li.x_MsoNormal, div.x_MsoNormal {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:" Times New Roman" } span.x_MsoHyperlink {color:blue; text-decoration:underline} span.x_MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:purple; text-decoration:underline} div.x_Section1 {} --> But the same working fine with desktop's outlook Tool.

Can anyone explain me why RFC2368 standards are not working here, and is there any other Microsoft standards that we can follow for line breaks

Diane Poremsky

Outlook version
Outlook 2016 32 bit
Email Account
Office 365 Exchange
Re: 0d0a characters are getting blocked in Outlook Web Access (OWA) browser based tool

Well, they aren't working because the security software sees the format as an attack. Without more information, I'm not sure why they are working in Outlook and not OWA, unless Outlook is converting the the characters to line breaks. Does Outlook need to connect to the internet to click the mailto? If not, ISA won't block it.

I don't know if it will work to converting each character to the HTML equivalent, but if not, you'll need to remove the line breaks. Seehttp://www.ascii.cl/htmlcodes.htm for the HTML codes.

S

Saroja Kandepuneni

Re: 0d0a characters are getting blocked in Outlook Web Access (OWA) browser based tool

Hi Diane,
Thanks for your response.

I think desktop Outlook need not to connect to internet when we click on mailto link, but the Outlook Web Access (OWA) browser based tool will

connect to internet. We have to use line breaks in the email content in order to separate some data, so we are using %0d%0a characters.

Are there any alternative characters that we can use in place of %0d%0a in order to get line breaks.

regards

saroja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Marc2019 Cannot input Vietnamese Characters on my MSOutlook 2016 in Windows 7 Using Outlook 0
B Instant search with special characters Using Outlook 1
wallisellener "The database name cannot exceed 50 characters" BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
M Outlook adds strange characters inserted into the Subject Line Using Outlook 2
I Random Chinese characters in email copied from a pst file. Exchange Server 2016 Public Folder Exchange Server Administration 1
A Removing illegal characters Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H In Exchange 2010, how to block an email containing an attachment that has foreign characters Exchange Server Administration 1
Jon Flemibng Funny characters when printng email Using Outlook 3
J Swedish characters in Outlook folder names Using Outlook 0
B Line/Body width one or two characters Using Outlook 1
M Jolly characters in Outlook 2007 searching Using Outlook 3
L Different characters transfered from Yahoo to Outlook Using Outlook 0
C extra characters added to email when exporting Using Outlook 2
W Conditional Formatting - Message Body only works to about 200 characters Using Outlook 2
B Outlook contacts with Hotmail. - Error >>>The text exceeds the limit of 1024 characters. Type a shor Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2007 sometimes displays EMails characters all garbled (Japanese origin) Using Outlook 7
M Displaying chinese characters in exchange management shell Exchange Server Administration 1
C Unable to find folder greater than 30 characters Using Outlook 5
J Lost words or weird characters in emails Using Outlook 1
G enter key and space bar key insert characters into email Using Outlook 1
H Outlook 2010 is dropping characters Using Outlook 3
O Outlook wont show special characters (norwegian æ,ø,å) in incoming plain text messages. Using Outlook 7
C MS Outlook 2007 - UTF-8 characters are not properly shown in email attachments Using Outlook 1
C incomprehensible characters for sender and subject when incoming e-mails are in chinese Using Outlook 1
B Huge characters when reading some mails Using Outlook 42
H Sent Emails contain strange characters Using Outlook 1
P Scandinavian characters does not show correctly in random e-mails. Using Outlook 1
J German characters in text messages in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 2
G Is there a way to setup a junk email rule that filters email subjects that have characters from another language? Using Outlook 1
S Outlook Client and OWA- difference in behaviour when typing first characters of last name or first name Using Outlook 2
R Outlook 2003 - setting rules using 'wild' characters Using Outlook 2
S The text exceeds the limit of 1024 characters. Type a shorter amount of text or click ok to have a l Using Outlook 2
W Recipients of Outlook messages have characters/words missing in body of message Using Outlook 6
D emails look fine but leading is off when I mail myself or replies come in. top of characters cut off Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2007 Issue attachments are cut down to 8 characters Exchange Server Administration 8
K Outlooki is dropping characters, sentences and paragraphs and sometimes displaying style tags Using Outlook 2
P LegacyExchangeDN and special characters Exchange Server Administration 5
B Outlook Connector error "company name exceeds the limit of 40 characters" Using Outlook 2
T Get rid of having to type verification characters to send mail BCM (Business Contact Manager) 2
S Outlook 2007, UTF-8 & national characters Using Outlook 5
H Odd symbol when stripping characters using vba Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
P PST file is getting huge under POP 3 Using Outlook 3
N contact notepad 'style' getting changed after clicking and running Activities Using Outlook 2
S Outlook [Online - Office365] perfomance is getting affected when accessing the mails using Redemptio Using Outlook 1
D Close Oulook after sending emails via vba without outbox getting stuck. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C im getting a type mismatch error Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
William getting custom form to load category colors Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Getting back previous computer owner Outlook email Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 1
B Recipient of a forwared message getting multiple emails Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 I am getting error code 0x8DE00006 'the operation failed'. outlook 2010 send/receive progress Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2