"You do not have permission to send to this recipient" when making changes to scheduled meetings

• Thread starter Steve H - Atlanta
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Steve H - Atlanta

I have a client who is using Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server 2003. He can send emails with no problem to specific internal users, but when making changes to or cancelling meetings on his calendar, he receives " You do not have permission to send to this recipient" NDRs from these users. The exact message is below:

You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator.

MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=corp:FS1

I have searched the web for a solution, but haven't come up with anything applicable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

T

Thiyagu14

For the user who is the NDR list, can the source user send an email?

Is there any restriction set on the users?

Thiyagu | MCTS/MCITP - Exchange 2007 | MCSE 2003[Messaging] | . This posting is provided " AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

S

Steve H - Atlanta

I sent an email from the source user to the users that were generating the NDR and they responded back, so communication is good between the users in question. There are no restrictions set for anyone.

S

Steve H - Atlanta

Just in case anyone else experiencing this issue comes across this article, I resolved it. I had to specifically grant permissions to the user making and changing the appointments on the other users' calendars. I gave him permission to create items and to change and delete his own items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T You do not have permission to send to this recipient Exchange Server Administration 2
P Outlook 2007 - cannot send email "You do not have the permission to send the message on behalf of th Using Outlook 2
J Re: Some controls are not valid, when trying to change send as permission Exchange Server Administration 0
R Send mail from Full access Permission user in wrong sent items? Exchange Server Administration 6
D Send As Permission failing Exchange Server Administration 7
R Send as permission error Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 9
A Re: Some controls are not valid, when trying to change send as permission Exchange Server Administration 0
D 'Send as' permission from a Hidden DL Exchange Server Administration 7
A send as permission in exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 5
J Some controls are not valid, when trying to change send as permission Exchange Server Administration 5
W error with the permission for the file Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E you don't have permission to perform this action exchange 2016 Exchange Server Administration 0
B No permission to access Outlook.pst file Using Outlook 1
C Permission in BCM BCM (Business Contact Manager) 6
I List View Permission Using Outlook 0
C Update Permission Denied BCM (Business Contact Manager) 5
M Don't have permission to schedule meetings on behalf Using Outlook 1
B Notice to user of appt. set by person with permission to edit (Outlook 2003) Using Outlook 7
C error message: 'you don't have permission to create an entry in this folder' Using Outlook 3
R Exchange 2010 Personal Archives Permission and Delegate Access Exchange Server Administration 1
S Office 2007 - Cannot open .pst (you don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation) Using Outlook 1
P Setting permission on user Standard when mailbox is created Exchange Server Administration 1
A SendAs permission not found in Security tab Exchange Server Administration 6
M Can't open links at my Outlook...give me an error of admistrator permission... Using Outlook 1
S 2010 sp1 rollup1 permission problem Exchange Server Administration 2
L trying to load my archived emails into new outlook on new harddrive. error message says I do not have permission Using Outlook 2
J Outlook 2010 Contacts issues.__Outlook 2010 permission issue. Using Outlook 2
P Blackberry Sync with Outlook 2007 permission settings Using Outlook 3
B Recover PST from backup - 'you dont have permission to open this file' Using Outlook 3
T windows cannot access the specified device path or file. you may not have the appropriate permission Using Outlook 2
S Can't copy the items. You don't have permission to create an entry in this folder. Right-click the f Using Outlook 1
A Exchange permission problem across different domains Exchange Server Administration 2
Z BCDM 2007 error "current user does not have permission to grant other users permission to connect... Using Outlook 2
N Re: Outlook needs account access permission to open but doesnt work right after that. Using Outlook 2
A OWA Mailbox Permission Exchange Server Administration 5
E How can I give myself Administrative permission Exchange Server Administration 6
M Task 'SharePoint' reported error (0x80070005) : 'You do not have permission to view this SharePoint Using Outlook 4
C Public Folder permission Exchange Server Administration 2
J __Problem with getting permission to delete folders, etc. Using Outlook 1
D Cannot open file: F:\Flie.msg. The file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it Using Outlook 2
M Exchange 2007 - Set IMAP4/POP3 permission to False by default Using Outlook 1
M RMS Permission problem enabling RMS Exchange Server Administration 5
A Default mailbox permission on Inbox in exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 6
I File Access is Denied: You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\Users\Drew\AppD Using Outlook 2
K error: You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation Using Outlook 1
L Can't restore my outlook 2007 pst and getting permission error message. Using Outlook 2
B Exchange Server permission problems Exchange Server Administration 3
B Error while creating/saving a new appointment in Outlook web access 2003 'You don't have permission to modify this item'. Using Outlook 1
C How do I get a permission dialog box when other people try to view my calendar? Using Outlook 1
E You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation Using Outlook 6