CAS Array and Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

culmor_

Hi,

I have followed several articles RE configuring CAS Array with Static Ports (SP1 registry fix also) as I am using a hardware load balancer; the setup looks ok and the ports are binding but I can't get internal users connected to the Cas Array DNS name - external users seem to resolve and work ok.

I'm guessing its an internal url setting? My internal urls for owa and ecp point to the servers FQDN as per

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_...ng-hardware-load-balancer-solution-part2.html

Has anyone had experince of this? I'm guessing its something simple (it has to be!).

Thanks

Tony

B

Brian Day MCITP

External users do not connect to a CAS Array, we may be mixing up some terminology here. :) CAS Array objects as defined through New-ClientAccessArray are used only for MAPI/RPC connections. You can have a pool of CAS servers balanced with WNLB or a HWLB for EAS/AutoD/OWA/EWS, but that does not by definition make it a CAS Array.

So what protocol are your internal users trying to use and having trouble with? That'll help define the troubleshooting path. :)

C

culmor_

Hi,

External users are connecting with Outlook Anywhere and do resolve the cas array fqdn; my issue internally is that the Outlook client is not connecting to the cas array - it connects to the cas server.

Steps I have used (in brief)

configured cas and mbox servers with static ports (55000 and 55001)

FQDN created for outlook.domain.com

new-clientaccessarray created and pointing to outlook.domain.com

Set-MailboxDatabase <name of DB> -RpcClientAccessServer &ldquo;outlook.domain.com&rdquo;

Hardware Load Balancer (HWLB) allows ports 135 / 55000 / 55001

Is there any other setting required; i.e. do any of the cas internal urls need modified and point to outlook.domain.com (HWLB) OR should it just work based on the fact that Outlook points to outlook.domain.com which is the HWLB and the necessary ports being opened are forwarded?

Thanks.

A

Allen Song

Hi,

Did you enable the static port for the Address Book Service?

To set a static port for the Exchange Address Book service after installing sp1, you need to create a new REG_SZ registry key named &ldquo;RpcTcpPort&rdquo; under:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\MSExchangeAB\Parameters

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/configuring-static-rpc-ports-on-an-exchange-2010-client-access-server.aspxhttp://www.proexchange.be/blogs/exchange2010/archive/2010/04/08/configuring-static-ports-for-exchange-2010.aspx

Thanks

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Outlook clients did not reconnect to Exchange when one CAS server in CAS array became unresponsive Exchange Server Administration 1
B CAS Array and Outlook 2003 clients Exchange Server Administration 5
S Created CAS Array - Outlook certificate error Exchange Server Administration 2
J Autodiscover not issuing CAS array to Outlook Clients Exchange Server Administration 2
R CAS array not working with Outlook Exchange Server Administration 15
T CAS Array/RPCClientAccessServer and Outlook profile experiences Exchange Server Administration 8
C Reboot a CAS array member causes Outlook 2010 clients to prompt for credentials. Using Outlook 5
C CAS Array : Outlook 2007 profile update Exchange Server Administration 2
K Outlook client on Exchange 2010 changes cas array name to instance-<guid> Using Outlook 21
B CAS Array and NLB Exchange Server Administration 3
D CAS Array Question Exchange Server Administration 11
M Proper way to install Exchange 2010 SP1 on a CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 3
J Segmenting IMAP traffic from CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 8
S CAS array in Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 1
G Exchange 2010 CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 4
J Geographically redundant cas array Exchange Server Administration 15
D CAS Array Questions Exchange Server Administration 3
T Exchange 2010 CAS Array setup and lab Exchange Server Administration 18
S NLB exchange 2010 CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 4
S Access CAS Array Behind ISA 2006 Exchange Server Administration 6
C Introduce another CAS/HT server on the cas array on NLB Exchange Server Administration 7
P DNS Round Robin on CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 5
B After rebooting one of the cas array servers blackbarry stops working Exchange Server Administration 1
B cas array exchnage 2010 not working properly on vm Exchange Server Administration 5
S One CAS Array for mulitple site Exchange Server Administration 2
S CAS Array - NLB - Can't Ping VIP Exchange Server Administration 4
R accessing owa externally and having a cas array internally Exchange Server Administration 9
K CAS array SSL cert -RPC cas certificate warning Exchange Server Administration 3
S What to Use Instead a Hardware-based Load Balancer for an Exchange 2010 CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 21
R cas array owa is slow Exchange Server Administration 5
S Exchange 2010 two datacenters two CAS array Exchange Server Administration 4
B Do we need to create a CAS Array for a single server site? Exchange Server Administration 3
M CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 6
R Installing SP1 on Hub/CAS servers in CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 9
B CAS Array article...? Exchange Server Administration 2
C Cas array question Exchange Server Administration 12
T Rename CAS array Exchange Server Administration 4
S CAS array legacy URL Exchange Server Administration 9
S CAS array in exchange 2003 and exchange 2010 coexsit environment Exchange Server Administration 4
S Looking for feedback on this CAS Array testing plan Exchange Server Administration 2
H CAS Array / OWA issues Exchange Server Administration 9
C How to assign certificate(s) to an CAS array? Exchange Server Administration 1
C how should i assign an SSL certificate to a CAS array? Exchange Server Administration 2
Z Active SynC Issue in Exchange 2010 on CAS Array Exchange Server Administration 4
W CAS Array and Autodiscover for Internal and external access Exchange Server Administration 25
C cas array and mapi Exchange Server Administration 1
A NLB, CAS array or OTHER issue? Exchange Server Administration 24
L Cas Array failing when assigning using -rpcclientaccessserver Exchange Server Administration 3
R CAS Array Failover Issue Exchange Server Administration 17
A How to delete server members from cas array Exchange Server Administration 6