Suddenly can't open emails in mu Outlook 2003 IMAP account without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Margot F

Just began having problem opening emails in my Outlook 2003 IMAP account. " error in IMAP command UID FETCH: Unknown parameter RFC822.PEEK" . Have to mark each message for downlaod before individually and wait for the download to be able to open. Any ideas?

G

Guruprasad Ra

Remove and re-add the email account and check if this helps to resolve the issue.

If issue persists, follow these steps.

Open Outlook > Tools > Send/Receive >Send /receive settings > Define Send/receive groups > Highlight the problem account > Click on Edit > Check the option "Download complete item including attachments" and verify the results.

A

Anonymousr

I have the same difficulty. I am running XP Pro and use Outlook 2003. I just set up a new profile and therefore set up my mail accounts anew.

Outlook inconsistently downloads the entire message - only the headers. I have done the following dozens of times:

On the Tools menu, point to Send/Receive , point toSend/Receive Settings , and then click Define Send/Receive Groups .Click a group that contains your IMAP account, and then click Edit .Under Accounts , click your IMAP account. In the list, select the check box for each folder you want to include when checking e-mail, and then selectDownload complete item including attachments .

When I select the Download complete item including attachments radio button for the folders I want to have affected by the selection and then close that window, Outlook does not remember the selection. I have attempted every possible way of having the selection " remembered" but Outlook will not.

Do you have any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O I suddenly can't open Outlook after getting a microsoft automatic update. Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2003 suddenly doesn't open next msg after delete Using Outlook 1
M Suddenly Outlook will not stay open when I double click on the shortcut. It opens for a few seconds but then it shuts down Using Outlook 1
A (Suddenly) Word attachments do not open in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
R suddenly I cannot open jpg pictures that are sent as attachments.....what do I need to reset or change to allow something to open up the pictures Using Outlook 3
A Ol16 desktopT suddenly can't connect with Exchange Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 5
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
O Outlook 365 - suddenly unable to send using Gmail POP3 Using Outlook 10
C Quick Parts signatures suddenly require more letters Using Outlook 2
M flagged contacts suddenly disappeared from Reminders Using Outlook 3
N BCM suddenly crashed and not able to view specific business contact. Using Outlook 1
M ctrl-c/v/x suddenly not working since installing office 2013/365 Using Outlook 1
B Outlook suddenly very slow Using Outlook 4
M suddenly cannot set outlook 2007 contact reminders Using Outlook 2
E fonts suddenly bigger by 2x Using Outlook 3
L Opportunities suddenly turned into Tasks BCM (Business Contact Manager) 0
E run script fails suddenly Using Outlook 3
L Public folders suddenly gone in outlook 2k7 Using Outlook 1
F Cut and Paste Addresses from Excel Suddenly Limited Using Outlook 4
R Emails suddenly going to the Junk email folder Exchange Server Administration 3
T My Outlook 2007 suddenly stopped receiving or sending emails. Using Outlook 1
J suddenly can't sync with AOL Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2007 suddenly can't access my Gmail accounts Using Outlook 2
C Suddenly a cryptic email layout (text) in 80 % of the emails Using Outlook 2
S Suddenly I am not able to send e-mail but can receive. We use Windows7 and Outlook has been working for about a year. Using Outlook 2
A Outlook 2010 suddenly not allowing email to be sent. Using Outlook 3
B Cannot send emails. Format suddenly changed. Using Outlook 5
C My outlook calendar is suddenly missing all entries from prior than 4 or so weeks ago. Using Outlook 2
W Outlook 'Search All Contact Items' suddenly stopped finding matches? Using Outlook 1
A A Sync Issues folder with a Local failures sub folder suddenly appeared this morning in the All Mail Using Outlook 2
J Suddenly, I have 400 old Emails added to my inbox. I am using Aol with Microsoft Outlook 7. Using Outlook 1
R Suddenly, new users cannot connect Outlook 2007 to Exchange 2007 Using Outlook 4
M The outlook 2007 is suddenly gets lock or prompted username and password while sending emails. Using Outlook 2
J my email server connection suddenly is rejecting my password. Using Outlook 2
R e-mail to one single address suddenly stopped getting through Using Outlook 1
R my e-mail to a single address suddenly stopped getting through; e-mail from there reaches me just fine Using Outlook 1
N The preview area of my MS Outlook inbox suddenly went from the usual sender, subject, date, and time to just day and time Using Outlook 2
M News button suddenly opens Windows folder instead of Outlook Express Using Outlook 3
C Suddenly outlook cannot remember password and won't send/receive mail Using Outlook 1
B in outlook my curser has suddenly become to wide, how do I get it back to normal? Using Outlook 2
D Outlook 2007 suddenly stopped sending and receiving mail when i was sending alot of emails to my cli Using Outlook 2
P I suddenly cant export Excel attachments from mailgate (outlook) or other websites Using Outlook 2
B Fonts in my outlook email have suddenly been reduced when I forward or respond to an email. also fo Using Outlook 1
J My email OUTLOOK operation has suddenly become very slow. I have followed all diagnostic checks which report ok. Nothing seems to be able to fix it. H Using Outlook 1
M All new email notifications suddenly no longer working using Outlook 2010 64 bit and Hotmail Connect Using Outlook 1
P Microsoft Outlook has suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 2
W Outbound messages are suddenly disappearing Using Outlook 1
C Suddenly cannot send hotmail account emails from Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 7
S Microsoft outlook 2007 is suddenly using greater that 50% of my cpu. This is all the time. This pr Using Outlook 5
B Suddenly I cannot send email. I can receive OK, but can't send. I Checked with ISP, all good there. This only happens with my Outlook 2003 mail. I can Using Outlook 4