Outlook 2010 - Meeting will not close without sending an update

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JB Langston

I have a recurring meeting on my calendar in Outlook 2010 of which I am the organizer. If I choose " open this occurrence" , Outlook will not let me close the meeting window without sending an update to all attendees. Whether I click on the X button or choose close from the backstage file menu, Outlook just ignores the command and doesn't close the window. The window remains responsive to other commands; it just refuses to close. The only way to close the window is to either send an update to all attendees (annoying to them) or kill Outlook via task manager and start over (annoying to me). If I choose " open the series" instead of " open this occurrence" the meeting functions normally. I have tried deleting and recreating the meeting multiple times but I always have the same problem.

T

theCrichton

I've had same issue. In my case, I open an appointment in order to access a web link and then close it again. This " shouldn't" be a change, but you don't get an option to discard the change, it's just stuck... I've tried ESC to cancel changes, as well as " undo" (which is greyed out, so unavailable...). Have uninstalled and re-installed 2010, also no change.

I've noticed that in some cases, when I shut my PC down there will be several " Save Changes" dialog boxes that appear, and may be related to this (almost acting like when you try to close the window without sending an update, the " Save Changes" dialog does not come to the " top" to allow you to save or cancel changes). My $0.02.

Thanks.

V

vtcrusade

Yea this is a MAJOR problem in Outlook 2010, especially for people that are managing other peoples calendars. You ABSOLUTELY need to be able to make changes to a meeting NO MATTER WHAT THOSE CHANGES ARE, and save the meeting WITHOUT having to update any of the participants.

A hotfix needs to be released for this like yesterday. Outlook is almost useless for us now.

J

Jake2012

I agree also. This is a huge headache. I've resorted to making 2 appointments on my calendar whenever I invite people, 1 for myself to change as needed, 1 where I actually invite people.

S

ssmith61

I'm having the same issue when opening a single instance of recurring notices. In some case, I'm able to use the Next or Previous commands to move to another meeting that can be closed, but in other cases those options aren't available. I'm also only given an aciton button to " Cancel Meeting" which would be worse than sending updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Unable to see meeting attendees Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 5
R How to copy outlook 2010 shared calendar appointment or meeting to personal calendar by vba? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
D Outlook 2010 Rules: fwd meeting invitation results in winmail.dat not .ics Using Outlook 4
T Outlook 2010/Exchange 2003: Meeting Organizer doesn't show Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2010 rule not recognizing inbound meeting requests Using Outlook 4
I Lync2010 - Outlook 2010 - Plan online meeting Using Outlook 2
S Outlook 2010 Meeting Requests getting stuck in drafts folder Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 meeting request not on calendar - shows up as rich text message in calendar folder Using Outlook 3
G Not able to accept meeting with outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
G Not able to accept meeting with outlook 2010 Using Outlook 1
F Outlook 2010 Incoming Meeting Requests display as text / code, cannot accept these invites (includes Using Outlook 4
F Outlook 2010: Meeting requests calendar preview and new IMAP features not working in IMAP inbox Using Outlook 2
N Outlook 2010 - Reminders pop up when accepting meeting invites. Using Outlook 1
A Assigned as editor and deleting a meeting planner in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
R New meeting request error in Outlook 2010 on a exchange server Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2010 vs. Exchange 2003 - Auto accept meeting requests not working Using Outlook 1
S Cannot receive meeting invites in Outlook 2010 from Outlook 2007 (just receive email, not an attenda Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 crash - while adding documents to meeting invites ( faulting module name mso.dll ) Using Outlook 2
M outlook 2010 meeting forward notifications Using Outlook 1
M outlook 2010 meeting forward notifications Using Outlook 2
L How do I set up a meeting room in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1
C Meeting forward notifications in Outlook 2010 or 2007 go to junk mail Using Outlook 4
C Meeting forward notifications in Outlook 2010 or 2007 automatically going to junk e-mail folder Using Outlook 1
S Outlook 2010 - Meeting Request - Recipient gets blank e-mail with no details Using Outlook 1
A Outlook 2010 Meeting Request Problem Using Outlook 1
T Accessing calendar through declined meeting requests - outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
S How to hide the invitee from everyone when sending a meeting or schedule in Outlook 2010 calendar Using Outlook 1
T 2010 Outlook Meeting Appointments not working with 2003 Using Outlook 2
B Snooze meeting in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
N Outlook 2010 deletes meeting invite after response is sent Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2010 meeting invites blank to external domains Using Outlook 5
E Outlook 2010 crashes when creating (reply) a message from a Meeting Using Outlook 6
T Why does outlook 2010 convert only some forum notifications to plain text? Using Outlook 2
I Error saving screenshots in a custom form in outlook 2016, outlook 365 - ok in outlook 2013, outlook 2010 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
M Outlook 2010 Problem with OutLook 2010 32 bit, after Windows Auto Update Using Outlook 3
M PST import from Outlook 2007 to 2010 - Address Book contacts all in 1 group Using Outlook 3
D Outlook 2010 account setup fails in particular domain Using Outlook 3
B Outlook 2010 is Auto Purging when not configured for that Using Outlook 1
W Outlook 2010 Reading Pane Slows Startup Using Outlook 3
S Outlook 2010 unable to change default font Using Outlook 7
B Outlook 2010 Can not find a certain file in M/S Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
Mark Foley Cannot enable add-in in outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
W Outlook 2010 some sent items marked unread now (was Ok before) Using Outlook 0
RBLampert Updating from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 365 Using Outlook 0
L What are the risks of opening an Outlook 2016 .pst file in Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 4
S Unable to remove rule outlook 2010 Using Outlook 0
N Outlook 2010 Flag blocked for Safe Senders List???? Using Outlook 7
dweller Outlook 2010 Rule Ignores VBA Script Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
Mark Foley Unable to subscribe to published calendar in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
K Maximum Categorize Shortcuts In Outlook 2010? Using Outlook 1