Receives email but does not display in inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carbuzzard

Using Outlook 2007/Vista/Webroot Antivirus with Spy Sweeper, I am able to send messages and apparently receive messages but they do now show in my inbox.

I say apparently because when I click on send/receive and there's a message on my isp's sender, I get the chime that alerts for someing new in the inbox and I also see the windows that give the subject and first couple of words that pop up in the lower righthand corner of the screen as email is received. Yet nothing shows up in my inbox.

Oddly enough, in Windows Mail I can see the email in my inbox but I get error messages when I try to send.

This started happening this morning when I tried to get my email. I don't know of anything in particular I did to initiate it.

I have exhausted the knowledge of my isp's tech support so here I am.

Thanks in advance.

JM

B

Brian Tillman

Try cleaning your Inbox view. To reset all views, start Outlook once with the /cleanviews command switch. Press WinKey+R an in the Open field enter

outlook.exe /cleanviews

Be sure to include the space. Press Enter.

You can also click View>Current View>Customize Current View>Reset Current View to reset just the Inbox view.

----------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P MS Outlook 2007 sends email OK. Receives junk mail in junk folder OK. Does not not load received ma Using Outlook 1
I Exchange 2010 Receives But Does Not Send Email To Internet Exchange Server Administration 35
D Outlook 2007 receives and forwards; can't originate an email Using Outlook 2
A why cant my Email sent? it receives mail but no sending Using Outlook 1
H How do we set to reply an email automatically with either the default account or the account that receives the email? Using Outlook 6
RBLampert Outlook 2010 sends to/receives from some Gmail addresses but not others Using Outlook 3
M Outlook wont send emails but receives Using Outlook 1
W MS Office no longer RECEIVES ANY MAIL (But will still SEND MAIL) Using Outlook 2
C E-mail won't send but receives Using Outlook 1
N Outlook 2007 receives incomplete emails (from BlackBerry senders) Using Outlook 5
M New Outlook 2010 Receives but doesn't delete messages from yahoo (on web page) Using Outlook 1
J Exchange 2010: Discover the amount of send/receives per mailbox Exchange Server Administration 4
M Windows Office 2007 set up with Gmail. Receives forwarded mail but gets 'objecct not found' when tryin g to send mail Using Outlook 1
D User is connected via HTTP. Outlook 2010, Windows 7. When clicking on the inbox receives the following message:__Outlook cannot display this view Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007 receives but does not send Using Outlook 3
W Outlook Connector receives but won't send Using Outlook 1
S Outlook sends and receives, freezes, works, freezes works Using Outlook 1
A EMAILS WITH LARGE ATTACHMENT (3MB) REMAINS IN OUTBOX EVEN AFTER RECEIPIENT RECEIVES IT Using Outlook 2
D Sending email from Office 365 alias in Outlook Using Outlook 4
S Macro or plug-in to see if specific person was included in this email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
S Body text of Email from invite date/time Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
R Outlook 2010 How do you export 2 email Accounts' 2010 Inbox Files to new computer (2019)? Using Outlook 1
R Auto display of new email does not work on non-default account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Automatically forward email and apply template Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
L Outlook saved email templates Using Outlook 1
B VBA to convert email to task, insert text of email in task notes, and attach copy of original email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T How can you include Junk Email in Search Results like you can include Deleted Items? Using Outlook 3
B Extracting email addresses from a folder - how to also get the name of the person the address is for? Using Outlook 5
W Replyin to the reply-to email address Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
M Extract all links from Outlook email, send to Excel Using Outlook 2
O Forward a email with modified body Automatically. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
B Outlook 2003 email sending & receiving suddenly stopped working Using Outlook 3
R List folders in a combo box + select folder + move emails from inbox to that folder + reply to that email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
O Email not leaving Outbox when using Excel VBA to sync Outlook account Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
T The non-email functions Using Outlook 8
P Outlook 2013 Word Share doc as Email Attachment now brings up Eudora. Using Outlook 1
C How to rename subject line and forward the email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Help Revising VBA macro to delete email over different time span Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
J Sent Items Folder NOT Showing Correct From Email Address Using Outlook 0
J Outlook Reply > From > Other Email Address... > Address Not Showing in Sent Items... From Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
T Column to display which email alias a message was sent to Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 6
Marc2019 Need help please! Cannot Setup my outlook email account on my Mac Outlook 2011 Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2
HarvMan Hotmail - Sending email is undeliverable Using Outlook 4
R Error when trying to forward current email item Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
H In outlook 365 POP mail Inbox, email takes a long time or never arrives. Using Outlook 1
D Can Exchange Admin Center create a pst for users email/contacts/calendar? Exchange Server Administration 0
T After I send a new email, it remains in the Draft folder Using Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 3
P OWA Settings->Calendar->Events from Email; Setting changes do not hold Using Outlook 1
S How to export urls from email to excel and check the status of the url ? New Slipstick.com Articles 6