Site issue: Part Outlook 2010, Part Outlook 2007. Exchange 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ender

Hi,

Beating myself up over a silly mistake when I decided to begin upgrading clients at our school to Office 2010.

We currently run Exchange 2007 and our clients run Windows 7 and Office 2007.

We have brought in new PC's and put Office 2010 on them and sent them out around the school.

However when a student or teacher logs onto a machine with Outlook 2010 on it, it reconfigures their mailbox to work with Outlook 2010.

When they return to a machine with Outlook 2007 and open their email, it gives the error "Previous version of Microsoft Exchange Messaging Service".

The only way to fix this seems to be to delete their mail profile from the machine and recreate the connection to Exchange, quite painful when you have hundreds of users logging on to different PC's all day long.

At this stage it looks like the best option is to roll out Office 2010 site wide, however we don't have the man power to do this until the holidays in a few weeks.

We cannot remove the machines with 2010 on them because they all look the same and would take ages to find the ones with it on.

Any ideas?

Much love in advance.

Forum Admin

Are you using roaming (windows) profiles?

The quick fix is two Outlook profiles - one for 2010, one for 2007. You can do this with a prf or logon script.

Ender

Thank you for the help Slipstick, that is a really good idea.

I'll try it out see how it goes and report back.

GG microsoft, if we can fix it that way, then surely M$ should have released it that way....

We have roaming profiles for a few people but mostly local profiles as it causes us less issues.

Cheers.

Forum Admin

It might be easier to do if you don't use roaming profiles - but separate profiles for 2007 and 2010 will solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Exchange 2010 CAS Failover from Internet Facing site to Non-Internet Facing Site - Certificate Issue Exchange Server Administration 3
J Cross AD Site Free Busy / Availability Issue Exchange Server Administration 3
Z Exchange 2010 Site Resilient Deployment issue (Important) Exchange Server Administration 1
D Removing multiple Exchange 2007 servers on the same Domain and site Exchange Server Administration 1
M Exchange 2010 OWA Redirect with Authentication Across AD Site Exchange Server Administration 1
O How do I failover to my DR Site. Exchange Server Administration 13
S DAG Deployment Design with site resiliance Exchange Server Administration 2
X Single AD site with DR Exchange 2010 Exchange Server Administration 6
S Exchange 2010 Design Consideration in Multi Site Topology Exchange Server Administration 3
B Active Active Site Resilience Exchange Server Administration 3
D I can't set up my account because the site does not accept my email account Using Outlook 2
P Exchange 2010 SP1 Cross Site CAS connection disable Exchange Server Administration 2
S Exchange 2010 - Out of Office not working - MAC Entourage cannot connect to EWS (Default Web Site) Exchange Server Administration 1
C Site resilient exchange 2010 design Exchange Server Administration 3
S When I recieve mail, if I click on a site in the mail, it will not let me go to the site. It tells me 'This operation has been canceled due to re Using Outlook 2
D outlook folder contents not syncing with hotmail site Using Outlook 1
S single DAG two AD sites cross site database failure Exchange Server Administration 3
K DR site resiliency design with Exchange 2010 - shared or different namespace for cas. Exchange Server Administration 1
B dual site DAG configuration Exchange Server Administration 2
M Cannot relay emails to a remote AD site Exchange Server Administration 2
B OWA issues (CAS Proxying - Site to Site) Exchange Server Administration 4
M SSO to OWA from site using Integrated Authentication Exchange Server Administration 5
S One CAS Array for mulitple site Exchange Server Administration 2
C Multiple CAS servers in different sites - one Reverse Proxied site? Using Outlook 1
D DAG for site resiliency Exchange Server Administration 4
J DAG for site resillience Exchange Server Administration 4
J DAG for site resillience Exchange Server Administration 3
B Do we need to create a CAS Array for a single server site? Exchange Server Administration 3
P Looking for suggestions regarding a multi-site high availability/disaster resistant design Exchange Server Administration 1
M When I receive email with links to web site it tell me that I need to contact an administrator Using Outlook 1
E Exchange 2007 multi-site cluster and load balancing Exchange Server Administration 2
J Exchange 2010 - existing Windows site with Exchange 2003 - collocate possible? Exchange Server Administration 1
C Change AD site of Edge Server Exchange Server Administration 6
M When use an WAN High Availability and when Site Resilience? Exchange Server Administration 8
A How to setup High availability HUB and CAS in DR site? The DR site has different subnet Exchange Server Administration 4
S Stretching an AD site and DAG's Exchange Server Administration 5
M Active/Active user distribution site resiliency Exchange Server Administration 2
S DAG Membership/DR SIte Exchange Server Administration 1
M Cannot add inter-site nodes to cluster Exchange Server Administration 3
B Where do MAPI clients connect when 2 CAS exist in a single AD site config? Exchange Server Administration 6
G The problems are accessing a school web site and sending teachers emails . Using Outlook 1
A Another 'The name of the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site' problem Exchange Server Administration 6
S Exchange 2010 Site Servers Exchange Server Administration 4
B email hosting site Using Outlook 1
S multi site Exchange Server Administration 3
K Cross site DAG and CAS Exchange Server Administration 7
S Can a DAG Cross Site Bounderies Exchange Server Administration 1
G Exchange and Multi-Site AD Exchange Server Administration 14
N Exchange 2010 current topology cannot add 2nd AD site Exchange Server Administration 2
S steps to bring exchange up at DR site Exchange Server Administration 2