Heading styles become numbered when I use older MS word 2003 templates to create emails opened in Outlook 2010

• Thread starter Confused_in_Surbiton
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Confused_in_Surbiton

Word 2003 templates using Headings 1, 2 and 3 are used by my client to create HTML emails send through an exchange service to 10,000+ MS office 2003 users and 100 trial MS Office 2010 users.

The emails look fine in MS office 2003 but the Headings become numbered with Section or Article when opened in Outlook 2010. The styles in normal.dotm or normalemail.dotm are not numbered. It makes no difference if the Use CSS for appearance of messages is on or off.

R

Ruchi Bisht

Some of the styles and fonts in the older version are not supported in the newer version. The formatting and the file style have been changed in word 2010(.DOCX) from Word 2003 (.DOC).

There might be a compatibility issue due to which you facing this issue. Recreate the template in Word 2010 and use it as a template to send mail check if that works.

As you mentioned that an exchange server is being used in outlook, you can also check the below forum for help regarding the issue.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/exchangesvrclients/threads

Ruchi Bisht

C

Confused_in_Surbiton

Many thanks Ruchi but hardly an ideal solution for a global company with 100s if not 1000s of templates.

I'll keep on looking

:-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J VBA Outlook : Subject line : Cut and Paste name to heading , number to very end of the body of Email Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
T How to send to spam/delete emails with specific heading? Using Outlook 3
R Renaming Column Heading in Contacts view Using Outlook 6
B Subject heading with mail merge Using Outlook 2
J Order InBox by any heading - From - Typing From name does not work (no results)- Order Sent Mail by To works. Using Outlook 0
D Outlook 2010 Card Heading Font Color Using Outlook 2
D inbox column heading changed? Using Outlook 4
evdbogaard How to dock the Styles Task Pane in the e-mail editing window? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How can I get new styles for Outlook Today 2003? Using Outlook 1
D Styles in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 7
D Printing Styles No Headers Wanted Using Outlook 1
J Changing Colors or Font Styles on the Outlook Bar Using Outlook 1
D Formatting Styles when Replying Using Outlook 10
G using word styles in outlook Using Outlook 0
N Outlook Has Become Sluggish Using Outlook 14
E Using with Active Sync, Outlook become unresponsive Using Outlook 5
C KB2288953 and KB980376 cause Outlook 2007 to become non responsive as soon as it opens. 2 different Using Outlook 2
Z any outbound email is 'miniaturized' fonts become unreadable all email can fit a stamp, a small one Using Outlook 1
Commodore Certain items in RSS feeds become unread again and again Using Outlook 2
B in outlook my curser has suddenly become to wide, how do I get it back to normal? Using Outlook 2
J My email OUTLOOK operation has suddenly become very slow. I have followed all diagnostic checks which report ok. Nothing seems to be able to fix it. H Using Outlook 1
T How does a public CA become a 'Trusted Root Certification Authority for Federation Trusts'? Exchange Server Administration 1
Q Outlook become non responsive if i write outlook item in bulk Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 20