'Location Information' [cannot get rid of this window without shutting down] I have not complied with its request for location.

• Thread starter Knees and Blood
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Knees and Blood

In microsoft outlook I'm getting a request for "Location information" it says "Windows" wants to know "My country" if I have a "carrier code" [whatever that is] wether I have to dial a specific number before I dial out. Plus some other contact stuff. If you try to cancel it, you get another window, suggesting it is not a good idea to cancel as the orignal window will just keep coming back immediately. Making microsoft outlook unuseable.

The only way to get rid is to log off completely

P

Prof Julie [MVP]

Don't worry, your privacy isn't being violated here. The computer needs this information for the times when you might want to dial out from the computer. I don't make calls from Outlook on my computer, but I've included all this information and so I don't keep getting prompted for it.

You can set up this information in the Control Panel. Just select Phone & Modem options and fill out the information. If you don't think you'll ever use the phone or modem options on the computer, it doesn't really matter what you enter in the screen.
Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone | pocketprimer.com | twitter

K

Knees and Blood

Thanks Julie, Prof

This is just what I needed to know!

Bloody knees

K

Knees and Blood

There is allways one and today it is you,!! Jeeze!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Pop up information location issue Using Outlook 4
K Creating a invite that publishes different location information for organizer vs people on the inviteed list Using Outlook 1
J Free/Busy not display subject,location information Using Outlook 9
H popup window "Location Information" Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 3
L New Location for the Search Bar Using Outlook 7
E How to display "Change Folder" in Change Default Email Delivery Location in Exchange Outlook 2016 Using Outlook 1
DoctorJellybean Preserve OST file location in new installation? Using Outlook 4
S Moving .OST file location unsuccessful! Using Outlook 6
W Appointment occurrences change the location property Using Outlook 0
A Missing context menu on Location field Using Outlook 2
V Change default default save location to Quick Access Using Outlook 1
T Remove Old Location From Tasks Pane Using Outlook 1
Diane Poremsky Meeting Location Warning Message New Slipstick.com Articles 0
Kika Melo Change location of Outlook SecureTemporary Files Folder Using Outlook 5
Pierce007 Maps/location in making an appointment Using Outlook 2
J Live Meeting Location populate from body Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
K After Carbonite restore pst files are found in a weird location Using Outlook 2
I Save selected email message as .msg file (with user to choose folder location) Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 14
Tech Checkers Make Outlook add Contact Card Address in Location Field based on Appointment Subject Name. Using Outlook 2
moron save as & file location dialog box popup Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
H Can't change the location of the Data File (.ost) in Outlook 2013 Using Outlook 2
Fozzie Bear Wishlist To be able to add a local folder or network share location in foldern view Outlook Wishlist 1
R Outlook will not send from home location Using Outlook 6
S Workgroup template file location? Using Outlook 2
L Cannot update Location field in Contacts - Runtime Error 438 Using Outlook 0
K Change the default Archive location via GPO in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
P Trying to get 'Calendar Name' to appear like 'Subject' and 'Location' in event Calendar Printing Assistant 0
S Holidays after 2012 & NOT displaying location Using Outlook 8
C Outlook 2010 - Default PST location Using Outlook 4
M Outlook 2003: Restore location Using Outlook 1
Z Mail delivery location - I think Using Outlook 1
T Location and simple copying of emails and settings, OL 2010 and Win 7 64bit. Using Outlook 3
J Remove location field from displaying Calendar Printing Assistant 8
D Junk Mail location Using Outlook 1
D Extracting Location info from All Day Event in mailboxes into webpage Exchange Server Administration 3
J Move PST /changing default location in Outlook 2007 or 2010 64b on W7 64bit Using Outlook 2
C Multiple Locations in Calendar not showing 2nd location in invite Using Outlook 2
P DAG CONFIGURED Need to change the data base and log file location .What are the risk .And Steps to p Exchange Server Administration 3
Y Outlook pst file is in the wrong location Using Outlook 3
K Changing the location of sent messages for shared inboxes Using Outlook 1
M Outlook 2007 default delivery location changes - 2 accounts Using Outlook 2
A DAC mode and FSW in Third Location Exchange Server Administration 3
E What is the location of a calendar item? Using Outlook 5
Y Change default location to save VCard Using Outlook 1
T Outlook saved folders' and files' location Using Outlook 1
S location of outlook log file Using Outlook 1
S Temp folder location on your Exchange 2010 servers - BPA says to move it? Exchange Server Administration 5
P How to move the location that Outlook 2007 looks for normalemail.dotm? Using Outlook 1
D OABVALIDATE.exe download location Exchange Server Administration 4
P Outlook 2010 with IMAP: Location of Sent items with attachment Using Outlook 3