when i open some attachments on my outlook 2007 it comes up with a different language or symbols ins

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PAMWIL

when i open some attachments on my outlook 2007 it comes up with a different language or symbols instead of letters. How can i fix that.

V

Vinay - G

This behavior is caused due to incorrect file associations. If you try opening attachments with different extensions in a program that doesn"t support the file you will get the content in jebrish and symbols.

To fix it save the attachment to your computer before opening.

Right click on the file->properties and check the file extensions and the default program associated to open with.

You can click on change and select the right program to open with.

For e.g.: - If you are trying to pen a pdf document in word it will not open as the format is not supported by word. Check if you have adobe or acrobat installed.

Right click on the file->properties->change->select Adobe in the list->click ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Outlook 2010 Cannot Open Attachments Using Outlook 14
L Outlook 2013 won't open MS Office attachments Using Outlook 1
Lucas attachments in outlook don't open, when Icloud is connected Using Outlook 0
W outlook refuses to open any attachments ... not related to shadow directory Using Outlook 2
O Outlook 2010 does not open MS Word attachments Using Outlook 1
D outlook won't open attachments Using Outlook 1
R Unable to open/preview attachments in Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 4
R Can't open attachments, forward, or reply in Outlook 2007, XP Pro. Using Outlook 1
J How to change the program that Outlook assigns to open attachments Using Outlook 1
K Unable to open attachments in Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 - get 'corrupt file' message when I try to open attachments (office documents) Using Outlook 2
S Cannot Open Attachments Outlook 2010 Using Outlook 3
B Outlook creates attachments other mailprograms cannot open Using Outlook 1
S Can not open attachments in Exchange-Outlook Using Outlook 1
E Outlook 2010 : unable to open attachments Using Outlook 1
P Can't open attachments in body of email in Outlook 2010. Using Outlook 4
T Multiple open send to items in Outlook with attachments. Using Outlook 1
C Email attachments will not open in outlook nor will they open if I save and try to open. They are sh Using Outlook 1
D Outlook 2010 won't open attachments on Windows 7 machines Using Outlook 2
L E-mail attachments in Microsoft Outlook and scanned documents to myself open in TIFF files. Need to Using Outlook 2
A Outlook Attachments don't open in the correct program Using Outlook 2
A (Suddenly) Word attachments do not open in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
R cannot open word attachments using outlook Using Outlook 2
C Can't open mail attachments or links in Outlook. __ Using Outlook 0
4 Cannot preview or open email attachments in Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 7
J DOCX files open as outlook attachments. Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
W Automatically open attachments without automatically printing them Using Outlook 0
B Old attachments do not open after Exchange 2007 edb recovery. Exchange Server Administration 3
J I Cannot open links on received e-mails, But I can open attachments Using Outlook 1
D My attachments are being open in windows media player instead of pdf Using Outlook 1
J .TIF Attachments will not open. Error: "Unable ot open document. If this is a Web document, check y Using Outlook 3
I I cannot open Microsoft Word attachments - Message: Works cannot open... Using Outlook 1
B Web-based email attachments won't open in Office 2010 Using Outlook 5
E cannot open emails with attachments Using Outlook 1
J Excel attachments and web page links are taking a long time to open Using Outlook 3
R user cannot open Word attachments Using Outlook 1
W Attachments (excel files mostly) open "Read only" Using Outlook 4
M RECENTLY UPGRADED FROM HOME & BUSINESS to OFFICE PRO - CANNOT OPEN ATTACHMENTS DIRECTLY FROM EMAIL Using Outlook 1
B can’t send attachments from the open file. Eg doing file – send to – mail recipient as attachment? - doesnt send Using Outlook 3
P Cannot open .jpg from email attachments Using Outlook 6
B e-mails with attachments or graphics (logos, etc.) in the body of the e-mail take a long time (1 minute) to open. Doesn't take long to load. Using Outlook 1
B Recipients cannot open attachments of emails I've forwarded Using Outlook 1
R suddenly I cannot open jpg pictures that are sent as attachments.....what do I need to reset or change to allow something to open up the pictures Using Outlook 3
C adobe attachments open with blank screen Using Outlook 3
T Can't open most attachments through OWA. Using Outlook 5
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
A How to open a specific link automatically with outlook 2016 Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
H Upon opening Outlook, make my popmail inbox open instead of outlook.com inbox Using Outlook 1
sahameed82 SharePoint calendar directly open in Outlook Using Outlook 0
N .pst archive from work will not open/import on Microsoft 365 Exchange Server Administration 0