Restore PST files from 2007 to 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ashley walker

i have a problem where an exchange server 2007 has crashed and all i have is the PST backups from the exchange server 2007. they were backup using the following comand

Get-Mailbox -OrganizationalUnit <name of OU> | Export-Mailbox -PSTFolderPath c:\PSTs

i have have added the domain too our exhange 2010 server.

can i recreate to users and then restore the PST files from the 2007 exchange or is there a better way or will this work ?

Many thanks

C

Christian Weihs

Hi ashley walker,

i have a problem where an exchange server 2007 has crashed and all i have is the PST backups from the exchange server 2007. they were backup using the following comand
Get-Mailbox -OrganizationalUnit <name of OU> | Export-Mailbox -PSTFolderPath c:\PSTs
i have have added the domain too our exhange 2010 server.
can i recreate to users and then restore the PST files from the 2007 exchange or is there a better way or will this work ?
Many thanks

Why you did not recover the server with setup.exe /m:recoverserver? In this
case your user could go one with their work very fast and you would have had
the time to restore the old mails step by step.

Now you have to recreate user, join the systems to the new domain, check share
permissions and so on...

In 2010 SP1 you can import the PST files with New-MailboxImportRequest. In
2007/2010 you have to use import-mailbox. It is a standard workarround for
mail migrations.

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_...ments-exchange-2010-service-pack-1-part1.html

Best regards
Christian

N

Nancy14386

Server recovery will be the best option to get back all important data. so don't worry more about it just consult to best server recovery company.

A

ashley walker

dont really want to recover the server as it was one of those that seemed to give trouble from day one

there arent too many users on the exchange 2007

my worry was the permissions when i tried to restore but the artical above seems to have cleared it up

many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.