Delegate cannot access Contacts folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

skweegy

Exchange Server 2010 w/ Outlook 2003

Boss user has assigned Assistant user as a delegate to his mailbox and given Editor rights to the Calendar and Contacts folders. Assistant can open the Calendar fine but when he tries to open the Contacts folder the screen says "Unable to display the folder".

I have removed and re-applied the delegate permissions, even gone so far as to give Assistant Full Control of the mailbox through AD/Exchange with no luck. Manually specifying the rights without making Assistant a delegate also fails. I've tried changing from Online to Cached Mode, waiting overnight to see if there was a delay in assigning permissions, and re-creating the Outlook profile on Assisiant's computer.

If I make Assistant a delegate to my mailbox and give him Editor access to Calendar and Contacts everything works fine. If I make myself a delegate to Boss's mailbox all works fine. The problem seems isolated to just the Contacts folder in Boss's mailbox from Assistant's computer.

I'm pretty much out of ideas here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Britonius Delegate cannot view meetings marked Private by Another Chairperson Using Outlook 7
J Updating existing entry on shared calendar wants to send update from delegate Using Outlook 0
J Out of Office, Delegate Using Outlook 1
J No response required when delegate arranging meeting Using Outlook 0
A Delegate can't see inbox. Using Outlook 1
K Canceled meeting not seen by delegate Exchange Server Administration 1
Britonius Macros for Delegate Issues? Using Outlook 9
Britonius [SOLVED] Delegate Send, Drafts & Delete Items Functions on Behalf of Client Outlook Wishlist 12
M Delegate for multiple people -need rules to organize! Using Outlook 0
S Puzzling delegate message Exchange Server Administration 3
S Removing myself as delegate from someone else's calendar Using Outlook 1
S Newly created Folders are not showing in the shared mailbox(secondary delegate mailbox) Using Outlook 1
R Exchange 2010 Personal Archives Permission and Delegate Access Exchange Server Administration 1
S Delegate Calendar Deleting Exchange Server Administration 1
H Outlook Delegate gets "Can't open this item." when clicking on invites that she was the originator o Using Outlook 2
D Read Receipt not going to delegate Using Outlook 2
D Can you create mail rules for an account you have delegate or shared access to? Using Outlook 2
R outlook 2010 add delegate mailbox to indexed locations Using Outlook 2
B Delegate seeks to add names to boss's Outlook Contacts. Using Outlook 1
L calendar delegate updates meeting with resource mailbox involved = double meeting Using Outlook 6
L Searching and delegate mailboxes. Using Outlook 4
T Windows Desktop Search - Index delegate mailboxes Exchange Server Administration 2
J Ghost delegate from people who are not in the Orgnisation? Using Outlook 1
M Sending on behalf of another user as an Outlook Delegate. Using Outlook 1
V Outlook 2007 : Delegate an Appointment Using Outlook 3
L Outlook Delegate Using Outlook 2
L Delegate access Using Outlook 1
T 'Reviewer' access to my task list in Outlook 2007 is allowing the delegate to delete individual tasks Using Outlook 1
R Outlook 2007: Tracking when Emails have been read by a delegate Using Outlook 5
R Outlook 2007: Tracking when Emails have been read by a delegate Using Outlook 2
S Forwarding mail without having to use the Delegate option Using Outlook 2
B Owner and delegate calendar color changes when changed by the delegate Using Outlook 1
K Calendar Delegate Can't See Attendees On Scheduling Tab. Using Outlook 2
T user unable to edit calendar entries created on a calendar they are a delegate on Using Outlook 1
I Problem with delegate and supervisor when delegate accepts a meeting sent to both... Using Outlook 1
K OUTLOOK 2007 DELEGATE??? PROPERTIES/PERMISSIONS??? WHAT DO I NEED? Using Outlook 1
S Creating a calendar appointment as a Delegate Using Outlook 1
K Add Delegate only shows 'All Groups' Address Book Using Outlook 1
L Delegate access - when my manager changes her password, I am still able to access her inbox as a delegate. How is this possible? Using Outlook 2
S Creating a calendar appointment originating from a delegate Using Outlook 2
J Advanced RBAC - restricting delegate configuration Exchange Server Administration 1
C Set up Delegate Access for Calendar - Outlook 2007 Using Outlook 1
L Delegate responses to meeting requests Using Outlook 1
L Outlook Meeting Request Delegate deletes appointment Exchange Server Administration 3
D redemption - foldercreate event + delegate user Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 8
T Setting a delegate to not mark items as read Using Outlook 9
rubaboo The vew cannot be found Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
A Cannot copy this folder because it may contain private items Using Outlook 0
L Cannot open PST file for first session each day Using Outlook 6
David in Mississippi New (Feb 2020) install of Outlook 365 - Cannot specify PST for different accounts Using Outlook 0