Need help with ease of entering contacts in a Contact Group in Microsoft Outlook 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Micheleg1971

I am just starting to enter many email addresses using the Contact Groups available in Outlook 2010. So I am in the Contact Group and then I click on the icon Add Member, use the drop down arrow key and click on New Email Contact then I enter the information but every time I am done entering one name and email address I have to then unclick the "add to contacts" icon then click on OK. This saves it but then I have to use my mouse again and start all over entering in the Add Member info, drop down arrow key, and clicking and unclicking. Isn't there a simpler way where I can just keep typing the names and email addresses without having to keep using the mouse? Possibly a CTRL key? This is going to take forever otherwise.

R

Russ Valentine

Outlook 2010 has renamed Distribution Lists as Contact Groups, but that does not change the fact that DL's are an outdated, unreliable and poor way to group recipients. You've only discovered one of many reasons why. If you are entering members into a DL that you do not want in your Contacts Folder, DL's will become even more unreliable.

For the past decade, Outlook has concentrated on the Contacts Folders as the location for storing and grouping recipients. You ought to consider better ways to group recipients that are based on your Contacts Folders, such as Categories.

http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2003/20030730.htm

Russ Valentine

M

Micheleg1971

Thank you so much Russ for your reply. I will try another option like Mail Merge. Do you have any other suggestions? I have over 5000 emails to send out. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.