Put a shared distribution list into Address Book in Outlook 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NatCommSteve

My departmental admin has created a distribution list in her Contacts folder, and she has shared it with me via an email. I put the shared distribution list into my Contacts folder, and I would like to make it a part of my Address Book when I search for names. The Properties dialog box, though, does NOT show a tab for Outlook Address Book. It only has three tabs: General, Home Page, and Summary.

Is there a specific way to create a shared distribution list that CAN be used in the Address Book search?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

Regards, Steve

B

Brian Tillman

Click Tools>Account Settings. Select the Address Book tab. Do you see the Outlook Address Book service there? If so, select it and click Change. Do you see your Contacts folder in its properties?

----------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Changing the preferred order for "Put this entry in" list for adding new contacts to the Address Book Using Outlook 1
C Put Day of Year into Outlook Calendar Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
M Retrieve data from GAL and put it in Clipboard Using Outlook 1
A Create Task from Email and put body & email as attachment into task notes Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
R Outlook 2013 VBA I want to put the entire message to clipboard Using Outlook 5
J Rule to put ONLY sent items in specific folder Using Outlook 1
H How do I import all my old email from Entourage 2004 (I have put email in separated folders), into my smart box of Outlook 2011 ? Thanks__ Using Outlook 2
A Simply put:the office connector or the office outlook is not performing at all. Using Outlook 2
O How to put the most used folders in the Favorites Folders list? Using Outlook 2
M Need to take names and email addresses from excel 2003 and put into outlook to email. Using Outlook 4
T Need to build contact lists (put name / address / phone & fax numbers / pertinent info about contact & company), make notes (what spoke about Using Outlook 2
G .outlook calender,Put in a re occuring event and it blanks out the whole 24hr period. Using Outlook 1
D I do not want to receive msn.entertainment, msn.finances, msnnbc emails. They clog up my system. I also want to put a vacation notice on my Outlook Using Outlook 3
L Can not get Outlook to save e-mail account passwords. If I put passwords in manually system works fine, but when I close Outlook and reopen I have to Using Outlook 1
M Our internet was disconnected and then reconnected now outlook is asking for user name and password. What we put in does not work. Using Outlook 1
I Organizator of a Meeting is put in the Subject-Line of a ressource in a calendar Using Outlook 4
U I've had to create another Administrator file, because someone accedentily put a password onto my e-mail. I still can not recieve or send e-mails Using Outlook 2
D message from sender in Global Address List gets put in junk mail Using Outlook 2
A Whats the maximun limit of email addresses i can put in the bcc line (Outlook 2003 SP2 with Exch 200 Using Outlook 1
D Trying to eliminate incoming email from being put into 'Large Mail' folder, even if it means editing registry to do so. Using Outlook 5
P Can I Assign Put a Public Folder on a Tasks's Update List? Using Outlook 5
K put CAS/HT/MB server on new IP/subnet Exchange Server Administration 4
J I have set up outlook on my laptop and when I connected to my winmobile phone to sync all the mail was taken off my phone and put in outlook. Using Outlook 1
J Whats the maximun amount of email addresses i can put in the bcc line? Using Outlook 1
N How do I put the hotmail in my Microsoft outlook Using Outlook 4
M How do I reverse the POP3 set up and put e-mails back? Using Outlook 2
I this operation has been cancled due to restrictions in effect on this computer, i never put any restricons on ths box Using Outlook 0
K How do you put your Business Info (name, address, phone number) at the end of the email? Using Outlook 3
C I get error msg in Outlook when trying to delete (and sometimes send)messages. It says to rung scanpst.exe put I have been unsuccessful in finding th Using Outlook 1
T I am trying to export my contacts to a csv to put on my smartphone. Using Outlook 2
G Favorite Folders issue-why won't my favorites stay put? Using Outlook 5
R How do I create a macro to put text in certain emails? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M Grab info from attachment and put into SQL db Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
M How do I find Calendar events that have been put off with Snooze? Using Outlook 2
V What happens when "Resource" recipients are put in To/cc boxes? Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 3
R Assign Categories "Round Robin" style but in a shared mailbox but on specific emails only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 7
Fozzie Bear Outlook 2016 Creating a shared local Contacts folder Using Outlook 2
P Auto assign shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 1
C Pull Outlook shared calendars items from Excel Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
C Create new Message with shared contacts & BCC'ing recipients Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
R VBA for copying sent email to current folder under a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 17
M Outlook 365 Searching all shared calendars Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 4
S newly added shared mailboxes downloading 500GB data a day Exchange Server Administration 1
R auto send email when meeting closes from a shared calendar only Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
A New email notification on shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 0
N Shared mailbox in cached mode Using Outlook 0
B Vba to monitor time to respond to emails using a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 5
D Shared Mailbox question Exchange Server Administration 1
S Import contacts to a shared mailbox Outlook VBA and Custom Forms 2
R Copy Outlook Public Folders to a File Server Shared Folder Using Outlook 0